Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

July 18 Trail Ride - Mountainside ORP (Gadsden, AL)

Old 07-19-2009, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put my pics up on facebook along with the ones that some of ya'll snapped off of the "puddle incident". I hope you don't mind. If so, just yell at me and I'll take those down.

I had an awesome time out there. Couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather as you can see in the overlook photos especially.
Here's the facebook link, not sure how well that will work.

l]http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2196760&id=12813072&l=5cfb344b2c
Old 07-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job on Flash Over. I've seen buggies roll on that one. Was the successful line hugging the left edge for the first couple of ledges? I'm curious, because I've seen other JKs successful on that line.

Here's a video of a buggy rolling on Flash Over:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tgrt/3040286609/
Old 07-20-2009, 09:42 AM
JK Freak

great pics guys! Looks like you all had a blast. Sorry we never did hook up while there. Once I was riding with the other guys I thought it would be rude to not stick with them. We had a ball too and made it up several runs that I never dreamed possible! Looking forward to the next ride with you guys...
Old 07-21-2009, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure I took it straight up the middle at an angle towards the left just a hair at the bottom, and then tried to angle more to the left at the next "level". The Rubi just crawled right on up the bottom ledge. The top ledge wasn't bad either, but I was a little hard on the throttle (I'm still a newb lol). (This is all from memory... I'm not 100% sure about it. I remember when I looked at it, I saw only one real line I would take... it should be pretty obvious if you see it in person.) Crazy video... I can't imagine doing that in the JK... I would probably cry... and the folks that rode with me from Athens would be upset too I can imagine lol.

No worries Schpeen. Glad ya'll had fun as well. We'll have to do that all again sometime, it was definitely a blast.

Quick Reply: July 18 Trail Ride - Mountainside ORP (Gadsden, AL)