Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 02-26-2009, 05:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon

BTW, where is the Bentley Group?
Stopped by Regal today looking for you, thought I was going to get gang raped by salesmen before I got out of there. jeez

Remind me not to go to that store!!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tboginski
there is a pontiac,gmc,saab,caddy store on drake...but my office is at the Hyundai store on university.
the other side of the street from Olive Garden.
No way. Matt and I know the GM extremely well. His step daughter Katie just had a baby girl.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:45 PM
JK Junkie

Default Southwestern US Border - Big Fence

Thought this was very interesting ---> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...936#post936936 . Amazing what other folks in our country have to contend with in terms of personal security - the fence helps to protect them from banditos.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Need some advice! I have done all the work to my Jeep thus far and loved every minute of it. As a matter of fact, I may be installing a Benpak 2 post lift in my third garage bay at home. However, I think I'm not going to attempt to install the 5.13s and ARB lockers since I never done it before. Has anyone had any of the local offroad shops (Rocket City Offroad in Huntsville or 4 Wheel Parts in Nashville) install new gears in their JKs? Does anyone have any recommendations?
Old 02-27-2009, 06:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NOBLING
Need some advice! I have done all the work to my Jeep thus far and loved every minute of it. As a matter of fact, I may be installing a Benpak 2 post lift in my third garage bay at home. However, I think I'm not going to attempt to install the 5.13s and ARB lockers since I never done it before. Has anyone had any of the local offroad shops (Rocket City Offroad in Huntsville or 4 Wheel Parts in Nashville) install new gears in their JKs? Does anyone have any recommendations?
I've had them do a lift for me and i thought they did a pretty good job. I'd read some on the forum though...some say that it isn't too hard.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:10 AM
JK Freak

Default rain rain rain

Man, with all this rain..tomorrow should be a muddin' day!
Old 02-27-2009, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

I have all my work done at Offroad Connection in Fultondale. He installed my 5.13s and was the lowest price in the area. Phone # 205/841-2493. Ask for Keith. He also has adapters to use regular driveshafts in the JK. Saved me alot.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Roketman. I will give them a call.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NOBLING
My neighbor had his ProComp lift put on his truck at 4 wheel parts in Nashville. They did a great job. Only issue was distance to drive and had to go back up for the followup so they could recheck all part to make sure they were still tight and vehicle was still aligned. Something they like to do after so many miles after an install. Cant speak on how they do on Jeeps.
Rocket City is knowledgable but they are really into rock custom crawling stuff and their opinions on how we should mod our Jeeps are little different than theirs due to the applications they use most of their rigs for.
My neighbor also had Rocket City price out a regear and locker ofr his TJ, Rocket City was cheapest.
I personally have never used them, then again I dont have a lift. yet.......
Old 02-27-2009, 04:00 PM
JK Junkie

Default Rocket City Off-road

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Rocket City is knowledgable but they are really into rock custom crawling stuff and their opinions on how we should mod our Jeeps are little different than theirs due to the applications they use most of their rigs for.
That's a nice way to put it. Based on my several conversations with them over the past year, I haven't done one thing right with respect to my JK mods.

They did do a good job mounting and balancing my 35's, and for a very reasonable price.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat