Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 02-21-2009, 10:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That 2Dr is shaping up nicely - looking very good.

Originally Posted by NOBLING
Just added a ARB Rock Bar bumper and Superwinch 9.0 epi winch.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:08 AM
JK Junkie

Thanks Chad. BTW: It was good to meet up with you at Woolys several weeks ago.
Hey, where's the pics?

Old 02-21-2009, 07:46 PM
JK Junkie

Default OME is the best?

Was roaming around the site trying to find more info on stock brake line length vs. after market lengths, etc. and came upon this post by WayofLife. Thought the very blunt recommendation for OME was interesting, plus looks a little like RedRecon (except for bumper, lift, wheels, sliders, . . . ).

Originally Posted by wayoflife

If you’re looking to give your Jeep JK Wrangler a 2″-3″ lift and have no plans of ever going taller in the future, there’s only one true suspension lift kit you should consider and that is the one made by Old Man Emu [emphasis added]. Being that the tallest lift that they make is an advertised 2″ lift, you can be sure that they do all that they can to make it the very best and have actually made a reputation for themselves for doing just that.

Retailing for about $650, the Old Man Emu 2″ suspension lift is by no means a ‘budget boost’ nor is it meant to be. As mentioned, this kit is a complete suspension lift that includes the replacement of your factory coils and shocks with ones that have been specifically designed and rated to offer the best ride possible.

Now, I should note that we did this Old Man Emu 2″ lift kit install on a 2-Door Jeep JK Wrangler X that already had 33″ tires installed on it. And, when all was said and done, I can tell you that this kit yielded closer to 3″-3.5″ of lift and had plenty of room under the fender flares to fit up to a 35″ tire. The installation is extremely simple and can be done in about 2 hours using basic metric tools.

Old Man Emu 2" Lift Installation Write-Up

Old 02-21-2009, 08:13 PM
JK Junkie

Default Rear Bumper - Tire Carriers

Holy Mackerel Batman! Wandered onto this thread for rear bumpers, and started noticing the prices - Shrockworks isn't the only one charging a small fortune for their bumpers.

---> Rear Bumper Thread <---

I think RedRecon needs this bumper so that when his 6" lift and 37's are installed, he can drag the rest of us up the trail after him (note accommodation for rear mounted winch).

Old 02-22-2009, 10:04 AM
JK Junkie

Default TF 2.5" Coil Kit

Not me, but looks like a deal in the for sale section ---> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-suspension-112/teraflex-2-5-jk-coils-shocks-73301/
Old 02-22-2009, 02:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Just added a ARB Rock Bar bumper and Superwinch 9.0 epi winch.

nice looking Jeep. Pretty sure I pulled up along side you one day on County Line with my Jeep and gave you thumbs up. Will have to linkup and wheel.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

08RedRincon,
Yeah I remember you. Thanks for the compliments. Lets hook next time anyone goes wheelin.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Holy Mackerel Batman! Wandered onto this thread for rear bumpers, and started noticing the prices - Shrockworks isn't the only one charging a small fortune for their bumpers.

---> Rear Bumper Thread <---

I think RedRecon needs this bumper so that when his 6" lift and 37's are installed, he can drag the rest of us up the trail after him (note accommodation for rear mounted winch).

Saw that bumper in the new 4WD sales catalog I got last week. Nice looking bumper.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:37 AM
JK Freak

What's up guys..I haven't been on the forum for a while...I switched places of employment...again....I'm now working for the Bentley group...no internet access in my office

I was thinking about getting some kind of light bar for over my front windsheild......anybody got any ideas on a good, functional one?? and not the $700 delts one. pretty cool but way too pricey for me

also, not this sunday (the 1st) but the one after that (the 8th) anybody going wheeling...i havent been off pavement in a while and i'm itching to go.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tboginski
What's up guys..I haven't been on the forum for a while...I switched places of employment...again....I'm now working for the Bentley group...no internet access in my office

I was thinking about getting some kind of light bar for over my front windsheild......anybody got any ideas on a good, functional one?? and not the $700 delts one. pretty cool but way too pricey for me

also, not this sunday (the 1st) but the one after that (the 8th) anybody going wheeling...i havent been off pavement in a while and i'm itching to go.
Hey man...good to hear from ya..

Check out the Safari Light Bars by Warrior Products.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat