Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 02-19-2009, 06:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Why?
well...just was curious....I'm still debating skyline. I thought there would be more interest from the jeep folks, but I apparently was wrong.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:50 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by roketman
If you ride this place on a weekend, I could probably make the trip up. Looks like a nice place to ride.
Will try to give you some heads-up next time I plan to do more exploring there.

On another note roketman, are you planning to drive to Moab for the big forum meet-up (noticed your sig mentions Moab)?
Old 02-19-2009, 05:19 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Bring it on, Im ready for it.
Put another dent in my rear bumper on Monday. Same place, this time worse. Was able to bang it back out. Cant even tell. Im beating the heck out of that thing. definitely getting my money worth. Got into a creek I couldnt get out of, well at least for awhile anyway.
Well since you're ready, I can definitely lead you onto some trails where you can, let's see . . . how'd you put it, get your money's worth!!
Old 02-19-2009, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Yes, I'm going to Moab. I went in with a couple others on this forum and rented a condo. One dropped out and we need one more. It's gonna one heck of a drive, but I want to do this before gas goes crazy and the economy goes further to hell. I'm leaving Friday April 3 and coming back Thursday. We're going to the big JK Jam. I would like to come up to ride Skyline. I've been doing alot of upgrades on the JK to get ready for Moab and need to break (not a good word to use) them in.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:11 AM
JK Junkie

Yes, I'm going to Moab. I went in with a couple others on this forum and rented a condo. One dropped out and we need one more. It's gonna one heck of a drive, but I want to do this before gas goes crazy and the economy goes further to hell. I'm leaving Friday April 3 and coming back Thursday. We're going to the big JK Jam.
Wow! That sounds great - I was toying around with the idea, but didn't really take it any further because I figured the "logistics" would be potentially overwhelming. I would love to hear more details - what route you plan to drive, how fast, how long you think it will take, stops, estimated overall costs, etc. You driving alone, or going with anyone else?

I really am interested. If you'd rather not discuss in this thread, please feel free to PM me.

I would like to come up to ride Skyline. I've been doing alot of upgrades on the JK to get ready for Moab and need to break (not a good word to use) them in.
Don't forget that Mountainside (over by Gadsden) has that benefit ride this weekend for the guy who rolled his buggy in TN and lost one of his arms. Been there three times - one of the best places you can wheel at in our area because there is so much variety in a relatively small area.

I'll be heading back to Skyline, just not sure if it will be this weekend due to a big FJCruiser meet going on there. They'll likely have many of the main trails partially obstructed, and any side trails with Cruisers on them will be blocked.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Rubi
Not sure where the FJ folks are meeting, but we found an entrance to it not too far east of HSV. Am thinking about going over there tomorrow. Am sure it is much further west than the FJ group is using.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:30 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Rubi
Not sure where the FJ folks are meeting, but we found an entrance to it not too far east of HSV. Am thinking about going over there tomorrow. Am sure it is much further west than the FJ group is using.
Everyone (except Denny) held their cards so close to their chest with respect to their plans this weekend that I already set up a ride (cycling) with a friend. By the time I'm finished, it'll be too late in the afternoon to head over to Skyline. I have another place that's about a 20 minute drive from me that I'll probably explore instead.

If you guys hit the trails, take some pics. It doesn't count if all you do is say you rode.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 02-20-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just added a ARB Rock Bar bumper and Superwinch 9.0 epi winch.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBLING
Just added a ARB Rock Bar bumper and Superwinch 9.0 epi winch.

Man, that looks great! If I go with a full length bumper, it'd be that with that winch.

i'll have those pics posted up shortly. Video's by tomorrow.

-Chad-
Old 02-21-2009, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Chad. BTW: It was good to meet up with you at Woolys several weeks ago.

I got to add a CB radio, factory rear tow hook and I'll be ready for the Jeep Jamboree in Cullman this year. I would really love to regear to 5.13 and get at least a rear locker, we'll see......

Jeff

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat