Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 02-11-2009, 07:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by In5ane
Anyone going riding on monday?
If we can get three or four interested, I'll take you guys to Skyline - already have my next big loop planned out.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got directed to this thread thanks to Jk-rubi.. I'm plannin a ride to wooly's on sunday myself.. I would love to meet up with yall. I"ll be leavin the coolsprings area, got a meeting at work till around 10:15-10:30. So, should put me at woolys by 11:15-11:30 at the latest.

-Chad-
Old 02-12-2009, 02:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
If we can get three or four interested, I'll take you guys to Skyline - already have my next big loop planned out.
Im interested in Monday and Skyline.

Wooly's isnt on my top 10. It was ok, but once youve been there, it's not really worth the return trip.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:33 AM
JK Freak

Oh well, maybe another time - my Sunday AMs are typically booked.

Here's NOBLING's JK for those that haven't seen pics of it yet:

Nice looking jeep!
Old 02-12-2009, 07:38 PM
JK Junkie

Default Rough Country Sale

Lift kits on sale (here is 2.5"), and 15% forum discount in this thread. If you already had shocks, you could probably sell theirs for $75-100, and end up with some coils for roughly $150.

Discount/sale good till Feb 14 . . . if I read that right. Based on what I read in the above thread, Ben is wheeling and dealing.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump.. are any of yall still comin up to wooly's today?

-Chad-
Old 02-16-2009, 09:02 AM
JK Junkie

Off to hit the trails.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Off to hit the trails.

Where did you go?
Old 02-17-2009, 05:04 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
Where did you go?
Checked out more Skyline trails. Good ride and fun place - definitely has something for everyone (and sometimes maybe a little more than they were counting on). Stumbled on a trail that was at least a Level 4+, maybe a 5 (even TINMAN wouldn't get bored on this puppy). I was heading up, but as I drove around each bend in the trail, the Level seemed to rise by about 1/2. Started as a 2, then 2.5, then 3, etc . . . until I was looking at 2-3 foot ledges, stairstepped one after the other. It was dark when I "found" it, so after scouting a little more on foot (it only got worse), I decided to retreat. Banged something underneath on the way back down (first time I've touched anything since I mounted the 35's several months ago), but didn't see obvious indications of contact when I checked with the flashlight. Think I'll try riding that one again as a passenger when RedRecon gets that 6" lift with 37's installed on his JK, or with TINMAN when he gets a hankering for off-road glory.

Wilbur is still fairly clean here.

Mud, for those so inclined, is everywhere to be had, whether you want to get into it or not. Spent 30 minutes at the car wash, and Wilbur's still dirty.

Lots of nice dirt track.

Dropping down past some Level 2 stuff . . . this particular trail peaked with some Level 4, but I was headed down, so was able to make it without incident.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Checked out more Skyline trails. Good ride and fun place - definitely has something for everyone (and sometimes maybe a little more than they were counting on). Stumbled on a trail that was at least a Level 4+, maybe a 5 (even TINMAN wouldn't get bored on this puppy). I was heading up, but as I drove around each bend in the trail, the Level seemed to rise by about 1/2. Started as a 2, then 2.5, then 3, etc . . . until I was looking at 2-3 foot ledges, stairstepped one after the other. It was dark when I "found" it, so after scouting a little more on foot (it only got worse), I decided to retreat. Banged something underneath on the way back down (first time I've touched anything since I mounted the 35's several months ago), but didn't see obvious indications of contact when I checked with the flashlight. Think I'll try riding that one again as a passenger when RedRecon gets that 6" lift with 37's installed on his JK, or with TINMAN when he gets a hankering for off-road glory.

Dropping down past some Level 2 stuff . . . this particular trail peaked with some Level 4, but I was headed down, so was able to make it without incident.
Looks like this place was a good find and not that far away for us GA guys! Have you been mapping it out to be our guide when we get over there?

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat