Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 02-06-2009, 09:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody wheelin this weekend? Going to instal BL sat morning, but am available other than that.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:12 PM
JK Junkie

Default Tellico

This doesn't sound too promising ---> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...803#post936803 . I'm going to get back up there soon after it re-opens (not going to necessarily wait around for an "organized" ride unless it fits my time frame . . . i.e., soon!!). That place is too awesome to have only visited once.

If you've never been, and it closes . . . the silver lining is that at least you won't know what you're missing.

Edit: I was up on the AT backpacking in the Smokies this weekend. This is a pic of one of the other guys on our trip, but in the distant background is Tellico. You should be able to get an idea of what it's like up there - lots of great trails and scenic vistas. By the way, there was over a foot of snow on the ground up there - glad to get back to the 70 degree weather here.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 02-08-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:41 AM
JK Freak

bama-jk and i tried out a few trails on skyline yesterday evening and it was a blast. The weather was absolutely perfect for wheeling. There were actually quite a few people on the trail...mostly 4 wheelers. The Hankook Mt's stuck like velcro to all the red clay, and Katie (my wife) even got to try her hand at some light wheeling. All in all a great day!
Old 02-09-2009, 02:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
This doesn't sound too promising ---> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...803#post936803 . I'm going to get back up there soon after it re-opens (not going to necessarily wait around for an "organized" ride unless it fits my time frame . . . i.e., soon!!). That place is too awesome to have only visited once.

If you've never been, and it closes . . . the silver lining is that at least you won't know what you're missing.

Edit: I was up on the AT backpacking in the Smokies this weekend. This is a pic of one of the other guys on our trip, but in the distant background is Tellico. You should be able to get an idea of what it's like up there - lots of great trails and scenic vistas. By the way, there was over a foot of snow on the ground up there - glad to get back to the 70 degree weather here.

Give me a holler when you go,ill wheel with you
Old 02-09-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Give me a holler when you go,ill wheel with you
Roger that Lima Charlie.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey neighbors! I thought I drop by to let you guys know you have another Jeep JKer from Madison, AL.

A group of us are going riding Sunday to Woolys Offroad Park in TN. It is approx 45 minutes from Madison. If you are interested, PM me.

Roll Tide Roll,
NOBLING
Old 02-11-2009, 04:24 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by NOBLING
Hey neighbors! I thought I drop by to let you guys know you have another Jeep JKer from Madison, AL.

A group of us are going riding Sunday to Woolys Offroad Park in TN. It is approx 45 minutes from Madison. If you are interested, PM me.

Roll Tide Roll,
NOBLING
NOBLING, welcome to the "Huntsville/Madison Thread"!!
Thanks for the heads-up on the Woolys ride. I'm probably riding Saturday or Monday, but just out of curiosity, what time you heading out Sunday? I know several of the guys here are typically available for Sunday rides.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think we are leaving Madison at 10AM on Sunday.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:01 PM
JK Freak

Roll Tide Roll,
NOBLING
Welcome!!!

Anyone going riding on monday?
Old 02-11-2009, 07:16 PM
JK Junkie

I think we are leaving Madison at 10AM on Sunday.
Oh well, maybe another time - my Sunday AMs are typically booked.

Here's NOBLING's JK for those that haven't seen pics of it yet:

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat