Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 01-30-2009, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bama JK
Yeah the 0-2" lines should do the job. I had though about making a drop bracket, but might just get new lines.
X2 on the 0-2" brake lines.....I will probably do that. I may try to find a drop brakcet for a temp fix though. Or if bama-jk makes some, then I will become agent 00JK and sniff around his secret shop!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 07:57 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bama JK
Yeah the 0-2" lines should do the job. I had though about making a drop bracket, but might just get new lines.
My Teraflex lift came with a drop bracket that added roughly 2", but my brake lines are still like piano wire when at full flex. Next time we ride (or meet for some wings), remember to check out my bracket.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by In5ane
Or if bama-jk makes some, then I will become agent 00JK and sniff around his secret shop!!!
Not a bad idea - he's demonstrated quite an aptitude for fabricating nice "home grown" JK mod solutions.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 01-30-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:13 PM
JK Freak

Anyone have an adjustable track bar or the track bar bracket that they need to sell?
Old 01-31-2009, 12:20 PM
JK Junkie

Anyone have an adjustable track bar or the track bar bracket that they need to sell?
Front or rear?
Old 01-31-2009, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

rear..need it soon. I got a set of tires put on and have maybe 1/2 inch clearance...let meknow if you have something.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:54 PM
JK Junkie

rear..need it soon. I got a set of tires put on and have maybe 1/2 inch clearance...let meknow if you have something.
Congrats on the Hankooks!!

Sorry, don't have anything laying around. Denny and I both went with JKS track bars - he front and rear, me just the front as my TF bracket did a nice job re-centering everything. Price was reasonable, they have a great rep, and we both decided tracking of the wheels is probably a bit more important than some on this forum realize (it eliminated some of the minor ESP issues that Denny occasionally experienced).

Speaking of ESP issues, I always smile when I read someone saying they have axle offset, and have been driving around perfectly fine that way for months, only to read in another thread them mentioning their ESP system randomly activates (they never connect the dots). I originally had no intention of getting an adjustable track bar, but it's very evident as I read older posts by many guys who have installed 2-3" lifts that, like myself, they've later added adj track bars too (sometimes they mention it, but often, the mod just shows up in their signature).
Old 02-01-2009, 05:34 AM
JK Junkie

In5ane, did you install new sway bar links yet? 3" of lift is a lot for the stock links - unless you're using the links to prevent the shocks from extending too far.

Here's a link to Denny's post re track bars, and sway bar links.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

No, I haven't installed the longer links yet...how exactly does that affect thigns?
Old 02-02-2009, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Denny2565
For another $45 you can have one of these and they do more than just tire correction too. After reading about it, this may have to go on my "things to buy when I get my income tax money" list.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=AEV-Procal
nice! I may eventually get one. My tax went to hankook dynapro mt's (33"), rear track bar bracket, and spidertrax wheel spacers....should be ready to roll!

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat