Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 07-10-2012, 04:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Ed, it has been awhile. That is a nice looking MW3 they have parked out by the road. Go for it - you'll still have one arm and one leg left when it's all said and done.

Originally Posted by Divescaves
Hello......been a long time since my last post.......I'm still wheeling Cooter around....but thinking of trading him in on that black MW3 with the Mopar lift at the stealer...any thoughts?.....I think I could get by with just one arm and a leg for a while
Old 07-10-2012, 08:34 PM
JK Newbie

Hi! New to the forum and the jeep world. Just bought a 07 unlimited x. Had a couple Cherokees but this is a totally different vehicle. Loving it so far. Have wanted a wrangler since I was like 8 lol. Well I'm in the fort Payne area till the end of the month then it's back to east Tennessee. Maybe we can hit a trail before I go back
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3749740535.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	339795   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3795162511.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	339796   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-672894753.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	339797  
Old 07-11-2012, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chriswayman
Hi! New to the forum and the jeep world. Just bought a 07 unlimited x. Had a couple Cherokees but this is a totally different vehicle. Loving it so far. Have wanted a wrangler since I was like 8 lol. Well I'm in the fort Payne area till the end of the month then it's back to east Tennessee. Maybe we can hit a trail before I go back
where in East Tennesse are you headed back to? I grew up in Chattanooga and spent 4 years in college up in Johnson City and still have friends in Knoxville area. I'm up in E. TN a lot (johnson city, kingsport, elizabethton, and bristol) and do quite a bit of wheeling up there. Let me know where you're going and we could arrange a ride sometime.

Luke
Old 07-11-2012, 09:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Divescaves
Hello......been a long time since my last post.......I'm still wheeling Cooter around....but thinking of trading him in on that black MW3 with the Mopar lift at the stealer...any thoughts?.....I think I could get by with just one arm and a leg for a while
Good luck on the trade. Make sure you use lube before they bend you over.
Besides you can upgrade a Rubi a lot cheaper than buying one of those.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AU Bronc N JK
just finished installing a 4in Full Traction Long Arm lift on my Jeep JKUR. I installed it at my dad's shop in Harvest b/c he has a hydraulic lift. I have to drive it home to SC in the next couple days (over 300 mile trip). I am going to get it aligned before i leave and head out. WHere is the best place to get a lifted JK aligned in Huntsville/Madison area?? NTB, Sears, Big 10?? ANy experience/advice would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks.

Luke
Ill second Gary's recommendation for NTB. Ive had good luck with them on all my vehicles when it comes to alignments and tires.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Ill second Gary's recommendation for NTB. Ive had good luck with them on all my vehicles when it comes to alignments and tires.
thanks,
I've got an appointment saturday morning at 7AM to get her aligned!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jkalltheway
I have had personnel horrible experience at RCO and would NEVER let them turn wrench one on my rig.
What did they do to you? Please consider sharing your concerns/reservations re Rocket City OR, and remember just the facts Ma'am, no emotional outbursts (with that new young'un you need to practice being unflappable).
Old 07-11-2012, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AU Bronc N JK

where in East Tennesse are you headed back to? I grew up in Chattanooga and spent 4 years in college up in Johnson City and still have friends in Knoxville area. I'm up in E. TN a lot (johnson city, kingsport, elizabethton, and bristol) and do quite a bit of wheeling up there. Let me know where you're going and we could arrange a ride sometime.

Luke
Hey. Yeah Knoxville area is actually where I'll be headed. Maryville more specifically. Sounds good. Where do u guys go? Only one I have been through up there is what my friends call skyline
Old 07-11-2012, 08:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Besides you can upgrade a Rubi a lot cheaper than buying one of those.
I would also personally choose this route as one would possibly have better options with regard to lift, tires, wheels, etc. However, if someone wanted to "incorporate" the costs of aftermarket mods into the purchase price, then that nice MW3 might be the way to go.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 07-14-2012 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Can't spell
Old 07-11-2012, 08:18 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Chriswayman
Hey. Yeah Knoxville area is actually where I'll be headed. Maryville more specifically. Sounds good. Where do u guys go? Only one I have been through up there is what my friends call skyline
You'll only be roughly 30 minutes from Coal Creek Off Road Park (just to the west of Knoxville near Oak Ridge) you lucky dog, not to mention within a stone's throw of the Smokies. Have fun.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat