Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 07-09-2012, 12:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow - I'd like to do the same thing, but $1,450 does seem steep. Maybe Southern Offroad in B'ham, or Essentially Off Road in Smyrna.

Let me know if you want to tackle them yourself - I've been itching to learn more about re-gearing after watching some friends replace the ring and pinion on a destroyed D30 while we were out in Moab.

Originally Posted by AirBorne82
I'm looking to re-gear, want to go to 4.88s. Rock City Offroad quoted me $1,450 which seemed a little pricey.

Can anyone direct me to a better option? A reputable shop or even another Jeep enthusiast that has the tools and the technology is fine!!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Wow - I'd like to do the same thing, but $1,450 does seem steep. Maybe Southern Offroad in B'ham, or Essentially Off Road in Smyrna.

Let me know if you want to tackle them yourself - I've been itching to learn more about re-gearing after watching some friends replace the ring and pinion on a destroyed D30 while we were out in Moab.
i believe jkalltheway has some experience with exploded D30's

edit: or assploded as he likes to say
Old 07-09-2012, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Lifted JKUR Alignment Shop??

just finished installing a 4in Full Traction Long Arm lift on my Jeep JKUR. I installed it at my dad's shop in Harvest b/c he has a hydraulic lift. I have to drive it home to SC in the next couple days (over 300 mile trip). I am going to get it aligned before i leave and head out. WHere is the best place to get a lifted JK aligned in Huntsville/Madison area?? NTB, Sears, Big 10?? ANy experience/advice would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks.

Luke
Old 07-09-2012, 06:36 PM
JK Junkie

Luke, there is a brand new NTB out near your Dad in Madison (Hwy 72) "sort of" across from the Dairy Queen/Texaco. Denny here on the forum got his JK aligned there on their brand new equipment, and he got a great graph showing him all the measured values - I think he was very pleased with the end result.

P.S. - congrats on the lift. Did you take any pics?

Originally Posted by AU Bronc N JK
just finished installing a 4in Full Traction Long Arm lift on my Jeep JKUR. I installed it at my dad's shop in Harvest b/c he has a hydraulic lift. I have to drive it home to SC in the next couple days (over 300 mile trip). I am going to get it aligned before i leave and head out. WHere is the best place to get a lifted JK aligned in Huntsville/Madison area?? NTB, Sears, Big 10?? ANy experience/advice would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks.

Luke
Old 07-09-2012, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Luke, there is a brand new NTB out near your Dad in Madison (Hwy 72) "sort of" across from the Dairy Queen/Texaco. Denny here on the forum got his JK aligned there on their brand new equipment, and he got a great graph showing him all the measured values - I think he was very pleased with the end result.

P.S. - congrats on the lift. Did you take any pics?
thanks for the heads up. I saw that the other day and thought i'd give it a try if nobody responded. I will be getting it aligned saturday morning.. hoping to be there when they open so i can be first in line.

Luke
Old 07-09-2012, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=AU Bronc N JK;3106989]just finished installing a 4in Full Traction Long Arm lift on my Jeep JKUR. I installed it at my dad's shop in Harvest b/c he has a hydraulic lift. I have to drive it home to SC in the next couple days (over 300 mile trip). I am going to get it aligned before i leave and head out. WHere is the best place to get a lifted JK aligned in Huntsville/Madison area?? NTB, Sears, Big 10?? ANy experience/advice would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks.

Luke[/QU

Don't go to any of those places you just named. Go to Rocket City Auto Repair and Off Road in Huntsville on Jordan Lane.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeeper08
NTB, Sears, Big 10?? . . .

Don't go to any of those places you just named. Go to Rocket City Auto Repair and Off Road in Huntsville on Jordan Lane.
Care to share your concerns/reservations considering some of us have had good service at NTB in particular. Thanks.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:48 AM
JK Newbie

Care to share your concerns/reservations considering some of us have had good service at NTB in particular. Thanks.
No, if I recall correctly, dude swing's from Danny's nuts pretty hard. I have had personnel horrible experience at RCO and would NEVER let them turn wrench one on my rig.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jimmoiv
i believe jkalltheway has some experience with exploded D30's

edit: or assploded as he likes to say
I may have some experience in that area lol
Old 07-10-2012, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hello......been a long time since my last post.......I'm still wheeling Cooter around....but thinking of trading him in on that black MW3 with the Mopar lift at the stealer...any thoughts?.....I think I could get by with just one arm and a leg for a while

Last edited by Divescaves; 07-10-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat