Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 06-13-2012, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone... Soon to be jeep owner here in Huntsville. The dealer is still working on acquiring my jeep from another. When it is all settled I would eventually like to find all the spots and I'm sure this is the place to start. I'll be stock for a while and like most, start with the mods as money appears. So I may have to start light. The last jeep I owned was in 1996 and I can't wait to own another! Anyway, look forward to to seeing some of you guys out and about. Oh, anyone have anything to say about landers McCarty here? Just curious about what others thought about dealing with em. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:59 PM
JK Junkie

Welcome.

Originally Posted by Jamantste
Hey everyone... Soon to be jeep owner here in Huntsville. The dealer is still working on acquiring my jeep from another. When it is all settled I would eventually like to find all the spots and I'm sure this is the place to start. I'll be stock for a while and like most, start with the mods as money appears. So I may have to start light. The last jeep I owned was in 1996 and I can't wait to own another! Anyway, look forward to to seeing some of you guys out and about. Oh, anyone have anything to say about landers McCarty here? Just curious about what others thought about dealing with em. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jamantste
Welcome. Tell us about the Jeep youre getting...color, 2 dr etc?

I have plenty to say about Landers, but that can wait for another day over a beer.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Landers is trying to find a black unlimited sport "s" for us. They have found one but I guess they are having trouble making a trade (feel as if I may be getting a run around). Anyway, all black with the hard top. I hate to say it but it will probably remain fairly stock for the moment with only modest lift and tires down the road. Anxiously awaiting the call that they got it!!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

You should look at the recycler on here unless your set on a new one I think I saw a sweet black hardtop not to long ago for sell at a great price
Old 06-18-2012, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GulfCoastJeeper
You should look at the recycler on here unless your set on a new one I think I saw a sweet black hardtop not to long ago for sell at a great price
Pretty set on a new one. I want those extra ponies! Lol.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

I feel ya. I'm in an 07 with 3.23 gears on 35s. Not what you want. I have plans for it tho
Old 06-18-2012, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

From what I have read a 12 will handle 35s pretty well which is probably the largest tire my jeep sees anytime soon. It will have 3.73s so I think that helps too.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:34 PM
JK Freak

Yeah you'll be good to go. Just pray you don't catch the bug. I'm gonna end up doing a serious axle swap and gearing with lockers all because I wanna run 38s
Old 06-18-2012, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GulfCoastJeeper
Yeah you'll be good to go. Just pray you don't catch the bug. I'm gonna end up doing a serious axle swap and gearing with lockers all because I wanna run 38s
I think my wife is a pretty strong vaccine!

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat