Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 03-04-2012, 07:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone MOD or cut their factory fenders? If so describe how and post some pics please!!
Old 03-04-2012, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

Disregard..found lots of info..asked before I searched. Has anyone done the fender mod in the HSV area?
Old 03-04-2012, 04:49 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by highoctane
I'm actually further north, 75 miles north of phoenix, and there's trees and some shrubs around here and grass in my apartment complex. Lots of great wheeling a stones throw away! I actually started flight training two weeks after I started ground school. Doing both at the same time. I've got about 12 hrs in the Robinson R44 helo and I'll have about 30 by the end of the semester. Fun as hell.
Sounds awesome. Relish this time - once you graduate, you'll most likely not have the same level of "freedom" from the daily routines we eventually encumber ourselves with.

Originally Posted by AirBorne82
Disregard..found lots of info..asked before I searched. Has anyone done the fender mod in the HSV area?
I think I've seen one area JK with chopped fenders.

Post up pics after you chop yours.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:12 AM
JK Freak

Is B'ham in the area? I've chopped a few sets...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0632.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	285293Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0634.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	285294

This is mine, just cut these this week. Went back to a wider width after my "G-string" chop and added bump stops.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

I have. I used a pnumatic cut off wheel. Mine were also sahara fenders, so I taped off the area I was cutting to make sure the paint didn't fake/chip.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:19 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by GOJOHNNYGO
Went back to a wider width after my "G-string" chop and added bump stops.
John, was that primarily to keep less muck from flying up and hitting the body, or was there some other reason?

Old 03-05-2012, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Yeah, if you look at mine from the Skyline pics the mud was getting up on the windshield quite a bit. Not to mention it is a lot sturdier and looks less ratty now. The other was a quick job before going to mountainside that day.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

Default New to jeepin

Been crawlin the forums a few weeks or so, recently bought a new to me jk and I'm lovin it.
Still learning about mods and secret waves and such, thought I'd drop in and say hi.
I'll post a few pictures this evening of the jk.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kungfurabbit
Been crawlin the forums a few weeks or so, recently bought a new to me jk and I'm lovin it.
Still learning about mods and secret waves and such, thought I'd drop in and say hi.
welcome to the area.

hopefully we can plan a meat and great sometime soon. How does everybody feel about burgers and fries. i'm thinking next week mid week. whos in
Old 03-06-2012, 03:34 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Kungfurabbit
Welcome KfuR, and congrats on your JK purchase!! We're a fairly friendly bunch here so if you have questions fire away (also remember the search button on JK-forum is your best friend given the tons of info posted since its inception).

Looking forward to the pics.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat