Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 02-18-2012, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Don't the Bushwackers already have sidemarker lights, or are these additional auxiliary lights?

Yup, high altitude basket-weaving and underwater basket-weaving kicked my tail too.
The bushwackers do have LED sidemarkers integrated, but they haven't worked well since I put them on. The reason is that I did the sidemarker mod before I put them on where the sidemarker ground was spliced into the turn signal power. It allowed the incandescents to behave as turn signals as well, but it doesn't work with the LED sidemarkers. It was actually a bad choice to do that mod because it sends power backwards through the sidemarker signal source as a ground when the headlights are on. It also makes both bulb filaments in the front turn signal stay on when the headlights are on instead of just the parking light filament. I've designed a mod that should allow my LED sidemarkers function like I want as sidemarkers/turn signals as well as return the front turn signals to normal operation. I should get it on the Jeep early next week.

As far as classes, my underwater and high altitude basket-weaving classes are going well, it's just the blindfolded basketweaving that's really throwing me for a loop

Micah
Old 02-18-2012, 04:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by unlblkrubi
All of my vehicles go to RCO. Danny has always done excellent work for me plus quite a few freebies. Show me a better shop here in Huntsville. Tire pressure cold for MTZs is 65psi, the shop only put in 40psi. Tire pressures for Jeeps is an individual choice, not the shops.You need to ride and adjust to your OWN needs Don't go off half cocked when you don't know what the hell you are talking about. I'll bet most of you don't even know your own tire pressure. Rant off.
Wow, you sound like a real asshole.

On another note, you all missed an excellent ride at Hawk Pride today.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Junkie

So creating a positive ground to utilize the side marker as a turn signal might not have been the best idea - rut roh Astro.

Pleeeaaaasse keep good notes as I may (read: will) need to follow your lead.

Originally Posted by burbingus
I've designed a mod that should allow my LED sidemarkers to function like I want as sidemarkers/turn signals as well as return the front turn signals to normal operation. I should get it on the Jeep early next week.

Micah
Old 02-18-2012, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

So creating a positive ground to utilize the side marker as a turn signal might not have been the best idea - rut roh Astro.

Pleeeaaaasse keep good notes as I may (read: will) need to follow your lead.
The blind leading the blind.............. J/K.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:28 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ASTE25
The blind leading the blind.............. J/K.
Shouldn't you be back out in that garage finishing Micah's new LS engine install so the rest of us can check it out during our next Meet 'n Greet luncheon at Ruth's Chris?
Old 02-18-2012, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm convalescing right now. I pulled a muscle in my back working on a Mercury. I thought Micah said something about treating the whole bunch of us at Ruth's Chris the last time I spoke with him. I'll have to check and see if that offer is still good. lol.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:57 AM
JK Freak

Oh I misunderstood. I thought all of you were treating me. If I'm treating we're going to Krystal. I hear they almost use real beef so it's basically like Ruth Chris.

As far as the sidemarkers go, I'll document it fully. I might even sell the fix if it works well.

Micah
Old 02-22-2012, 03:29 PM
JK Junkie

Yippeeee - sounds like we're headed to Krystals. Let us know when so we can start making plans.

Originally Posted by burbingus
If I'm treating we're going to Krystal. I hear they almost use real beef so it's basically like Ruth Chris.

Micah
Old 02-22-2012, 11:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yippeeee - sounds like we're headed to Krystals. Let us know when so we can start making plans.
I'll provide the small utility trailer, one of you has to provide the port-o-potty to put on it to bring with us!
Old 02-23-2012, 04:53 PM
JK Newbie

I put some line x material in my jeep this weekend.... Only the front two bucket seats
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-570758858.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	281507   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-456886980.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	281508  

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat