Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 02-16-2012, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unlblkrubi
You even own a Jeep, don't see it in your profile? So you can regear your own axles, rebuild your tranny or transfercase, trouble shoot an electrical problem, change your own tires, balance them? Buy your parts on-line and save yourself trouble from shopping from them.
Yes, as a matter of fact I DO own a jeep. And as a matter of fact I can do all of that work. I have built some of the baddest street cars, bikes, and Jeeps in the greater Huntsville area. So check your fucking facts before jumping down my throat hotrod. Peace
Old 02-16-2012, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs down

[QUOTE=jkalltheway;2853951]Yes, as a matter of fact I DO own a jeep. And as a matter of fact I can do all of that work. I have built some of the baddest street cars, bikes, and Jeeps in the greater Huntsville area. So check your fucking facts before jumping down my throat hotrod. Peace[/QUOT

HA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, shit I about choked on that last laugh.

Last edited by unlblkrubi; 02-16-2012 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Spelled shit wrong.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, on the bright side, the post's are up on this thread now. lol.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:38 PM
JK Junkie

I'll bet most of you don't even know your own tire pressure.
Is that you Danny (sure sounds like it)?
Old 02-16-2012, 03:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ASTE25
Well, on the bright side, the post's are up on this thread now. lol.
What have you and Micah been up to? Come on Jordan, spill the beans - he's holding back on us.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Micah's been too busy with school to even go and get some lunch. He can do it on the weekends, but I'm not rotated to my weekend off days yet. I should be off this coming weekend, so maybe I can pry some more info from him (maybe even get him motivated to get some stuff done to his Jeep). I just had to pull a head off of a Mercury Tracer today, so whenever they get the new head (old one is cracked) I can put it all back together. The lift, however, is available for Micah's Jeep if he needs it.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RedRck07
Well im from Ringgold so i guess thats kinda of the Tennessee Valley.
Cool. You're only 10 minutes down the road.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkalltheway
RCO. No way in HELL they would ever get to touch my Jeep. The only reason I ever buy parts from there is because Frankie works there now.
I'll second that!! While I cant speak for the quality of work, I know that the two times I called to ask for the cost and scheduling of service (Re-gear on my last JK and a lift before I realized how simple it was to do myself) I spoke to a guy named Danny who was a complete douche about everything. Good customer service goes a long way and he certainly didn't seem to be one to provide it. I bought two sets of tires from Frankie when he was at Topline and he was great.. but not enough to make me want to ever call RCO again

All of my vehicles go to RCO. Danny has always done excellent work for me plus quite a few freebies. Show me a better shop here in Huntsville. Tire pressure cold for MTZs is 65psi, the shop only put in 40psi. Tire pressures for Jeeps is an individual choice, not the shops.You need to ride and adjust to your OWN needs Don't go off half cocked when you don't know what the hell you are talking about. I'll bet most of you don't even know your own tire pressure. Rant off.
Well I guess there is at least one happy customer out there. I certainly agree with you that tire pressure is unique to each vehicle but why come off as a jack ass because you don't agree with someone elses OPINION?

You even own a Jeep, don't see it in your profile? So you can regear your own axles, rebuild your tranny or transfercase, trouble shoot an electrical problem, change your own tires, balance them? Buy your parts on-line and save yourself trouble from shopping from them.
Great advice!! Buy everything online and save, rather then letting RCO get a penny of your money!!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
What have you and Micah been up to? Come on Jordan, spill the beans - he's holding back on us.
We managed to get the new Teraflex big brake kit on and ball joints. They're pretty phenomenal. I just put a larger capacity winch on last week and mounted up some lights on the bumper, but I've got a decent amount of wiring work to do. My LED sidemarkers are incompatible with the sidemarker mod that I did early on. I've designed a fix that will allow me to run the LED sidemarkers properly. I'll have the parts in on Monday and I hope to have everything wired up by the end of next week.

I think my next big task is to get my control arm bolts switched out and the high steer kit on. My school schedule has been pretty hectic this semester, mainly due to 2 classes. Spring break is going to be pretty great though - I'm going to finish up all the Jeep work, get an alignment done, tires rotated, and plan at least a short wheeling trip.

Micah

Last edited by Moochie; 02-18-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:04 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by burbingus
My LED sidemarkers are incompatible with the sidemarker mod that I did early on. I've designed a fix that will allow me to run the LED sidemarkers properly. I'll have the parts in on Monday and I hope to have everything wired up by the end of next week.
Don't the Bushwackers already have sidemarker lights, or are these additional auxiliary lights?

Originally Posted by burbingus
My school schedule has been pretty hectic this semester, mainly due to 2 classes.
Yup, high altitude basket-weaving and underwater basket-weaving kicked my tail too.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat