Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 02-15-2012, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J33PGRL
Attachment 278399
She's back from the shop!!! She got a Rough Country 3.5 lift, 35" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, and MT Classic Black Lock wheels!!! She growls down the road now!!! Since I'm no longer stock, I'm expecting LOTS more Jeep Waves from you guys around town, darn it!!! Whooohooo. I'm so glad it's sunny today! I left early this morning so I could take the long way to work. I can't wait for lunchtime too. I think I'll be runnin with the windows down and the heat on.
damn that looks good, love the wheels
Old 02-15-2012, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jimmoiv
damn that looks good, love the wheels
Thanks, jimmoiv. The wheels turned out awesome. I had never seen them on a jeep before - only online. I am really happy with them. My only complaint is that the faux beadlocks look kinda brassy next to my silver step. (installed by previous owner) I'm gonna have the step LineXed to complete the black and red look. The mods never cease!!! LOL
Old 02-15-2012, 07:15 AM
JK Newbie

Attachment 278399
She's back from the shop!!! She got a Rough Country 3.5 lift, 35" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, and MT Classic Black Lock wheels!!! She growls down the road now!!! Since I'm no longer stock, I'm expecting LOTS more Jeep Waves from you guys around town, darn it!!! Whooohooo. I'm so glad it's sunny today! I left early this morning so I could take the long way to work. I can't wait for lunchtime too. I think I'll be runnin with the windows down and the heat on.
What shop, RCO?
Old 02-15-2012, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

I am looking for a shop/ individual in the Huntsville area to help me get my jeep going again. I wrecked it and need to have a new front axle put under it, and also replace the oil pan. Anybody have any suggestions besides RCO?
Old 02-15-2012, 07:33 AM
JK Newbie

Yes, unlblkrubi... I had it done at RCO. Frankie helped me alot deciding on a lift.

I got the tires direct from Mickey Thompson. My brother in law, Kevin Tetz, (from the Powerblock show Trucks) and his contact at MT hooked me up with a sweet deal.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rolltideroll989
I am looking for a shop/ individual in the Huntsville area to help me get my jeep going again. I wrecked it and need to have a new front axle put under it, and also replace the oil pan. Anybody have any suggestions besides RCO?
Dont know of any other than RCO. Ive had good luck with them.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AirBorne82
I'm looking for feedback on the Landers McLarty Jeep service department. What is their position on mods and warranty work.

I'm considering getting Max Care but don't want to waste my money if they are going to blame 33s and 2" of lift for every engine or drive train issue I ever have.
Ive had no issues with Landers Service Dept. Im on my second modded Jeep and theyve never blamed anything on my mods.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

I have/had a "Warranty Forever" powertrain warranty through Landers. They (Warranty Forever) told me that my 3.5" lift would void my warranty. : ( It sucks, but I really didn't like the fact that I had to go to the dealer for ALL my maintenance and service in order to keep the warranty valid. Actually you can go other places, but you have to call Warranty Forever and have it "approved" two days before you plan to take your car in. Crazy IMO when you are just stopping in for a quick oil change. I keep receipts from all my maintenance. That should be enough proof that I have taken good care of the vehicle if something goes wrong.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:17 AM
JK Newbie

Well im from Ringgold so i guess thats kinda of the Tennessee Valley.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:39 PM
JK Junkie

Nice job - looks great!!

Check your tire pressure and make sure they didn't blast 55lbs of air or some such into those MTZs (looking at your right front contact patch, they may be high). You should be able to run between 30-35 lbs fairly comfortably.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat