Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 01-20-2009, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Way to go In5ane - starting to look mean!!

What did you do to extend your brake lines?
Actually, I haven't had to extend the brake lines yet....that would be the only thing keeping me from flexing further. That's one of the next projects.

I didn't take any pics..but also did the diy quick discos.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HahaJK
Where was this at?
Near Governors Dr. and the Parkway...behind Top Line Tires. It's an old car lot that had these drive on concrete ramps where they parked their cars.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by In5ane
Near Governors Dr. and the Parkway...behind Top Line Tires. It's an old car lot that had these drive on concrete ramps where they parked their cars.
Insane, Haha was asking Gary where he was wheeling at in the pix.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Insane, Haha was asking Gary where he was wheeling at in the pix.
OOPS! I was reading through all this crap too fast....well, anywho...I know of a good place to flex if anyone needs to test their jeep!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:56 PM
JK Junkie

Default Brake Lines

Actually, I haven't had to extend the brake lines yet....that would be the only thing keeping me from flexing further. That's one of the next projects.
I've decided that I need to do the same thing. Please let me know when you end up switching for longer ones - maybe we can do both vehicles at the same time. I've learned that Crown Industries is sort of the standard, but both Currie and Rusty's sell the same high-end lines (built to their own specs) for much, much cheaper.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:30 PM
JK Freak

I've decided that I need to do the same thing. Please let me know when you end up switching for longer ones - maybe we can do both vehicles at the same time. I've learned that Crown Industries is sort of the standard, but both Currie and Rusty's sell the same high-end lines (built to their own specs) for much, much cheaper.
Actually, I was looking on Rusty's offroad page today and they sell a kit that relocates the stock brake line brackets and gives you a little more clearance for only $10. That might be my temporary fix..... But, it doesn't specify a vehicle model. I may give them a call and see what they say.

Last edited by In5ane; 01-20-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:40 PM
JK Junkie

Actually, I was looking on Rusty's offroad page today and they sell a kit that relocates the stock brake line brackets and gives you a little more clearance for only $10. That might be my temporary fix..... But, it doesn't specify a vehicle model. I may give them a call and see what they say.
If the shocks you bought are truly for a 4" lift, I promise you that you need longer brake lines, not just a relocation bracket.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:44 PM
JK Freak

If the shocks you bought are truly for a 4" lift, I promise you that you need longer brake lines, not just a relocation bracket.
Well...they are for a 4" lift...i may price some and see how much they are. Right now, I don't think my bump stops would let them get too tight though. If I eventually get some taller springs, then I would HAVE to have them.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

In case some of you wanted to check out my "mall cruiser", I took a few flexed photos from this morning. I'd say it isn't too shabby to say the least...

I finally got superlift to turn loose of the longer 4" shocks. We figure I at least got 3" of lift with the kit and upgraded springs. Also, I added the DIY quick discos this morning and man does that make a difference in the flex!

Sorry the photo quality wasn't quite there, but you should get the general idea of what I do when I'm at the mall!
Looking good man
Old 01-20-2009, 06:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bama JK
Looking good man
ha ha...thanks! I saw another good looking jeep there as well!

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat