Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 09-07-2008, 02:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You guys see this?

Tellico Ride

I voted for November 7-9 . . . hopefully, good dates for me.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Well I bit the bullet last night, and ordered some Shrockworks Rock Sliders. If I start whining and sniveling 2 months from now about how they still aren't here yet, just remind me I knew going in that logistical efficiency isn't one of Shrockworks high points. And when I really start wailing and gnashing my teeth at 3 months because I've been "floating" their current business operations with my pre-paid dollars, just remind me that I probably made some guy, who ordered a bumper five months ago, very happy.

By the way, why did I do it? It's was mostly Red08JK's fault for having extremely nice looking sliders on his JK. Although, partial blame can be also be attributed to Denny2565 who keeps talking about how nice they would be out on the Level 1 trails.

P.S. - Shrockworks sliders are frame mounted (only 2-3 companies doing this that I could tell), and they have a super reputation for toughness.

Sliders are nice man, I think they are a necessity. I got mine for free, otherwise I wouldnt have went with the Mopar Rubicon version, but you cant beat free!

Anybody wheel this weekend? I drove out to Swann Creek, too many guys out there dove hunting. Got into some mud though. I am free next weekend if you guys are interested
Old 09-07-2008, 03:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Tellico Ride

I voted for November 7-9 . . . hopefully, good dates for me.
You need to look at the pix on that thread. You sure you want to take your Jeep through that? You need some bigger wheels and tires. So youll have to give yours to me.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:01 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Red08JK
Sliders are nice man, I think they are a necessity. I got mine for free, otherwise I wouldnt have went with the Mopar Rubicon version, but you cant beat free!
Actually, if I'm not mistaken, the Mopar sliders are one of the few that are frame mounted - not bad! Aren't they in the $500 plus range (they're definitely not cheap)?

I am free next weekend if you guys are interested.
I might be - let me see how this week goes.

You need to look at the pix on that thread. You sure you want to take your Jeep through that? You need some bigger wheels and tires. So youll have to give yours to me.
Well they did say there were by-passes around the tough parts . . . maybe I'm being too optimistic.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:16 AM
JK Freak

Red,

Was there a lot of riding out swan creek. I've been hunting out that way a few times but not really "riding"...

JK-Rubi,

You must be rollin' man...dang, gonna have the jeep all pimped out here soon. I bet you are excited. I'm ready...just waiting on the money

I wouldn't mind picking up a set of the rubi sliders if anyone has some for sale. It would serve the purpose temporarily for me anyhow...

Is the tellico not closed? Seems I heard a while back that it was closed temporarily...?
Old 09-08-2008, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

So where do you guys go wheel'n around here? I was big into atv riding but someone put a end to that when they ran it sideways into a light pole at 15-20 mph. The places I'm use to going I'm a little scared to get my JK into. I'v seen Jeeps at eagles claw but it's closed now and I'm not about to take it up on Bingham Mtn. till I get my new bumper and winch on and get some mud tires.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bama JK
So where do you guys go wheel'n around here? I was big into atv riding but someone put a end to that when they ran it sideways into a light pole at 15-20 mph. The places I'm use to going I'm a little scared to get my JK into. I'v seen Jeeps at eagles claw but it's closed now and I'm not about to take it up on Bingham Mtn. till I get my new bumper and winch on and get some mud tires.
I've gone South of the river a couple times to play around on some mud mounds, however, fun as that can be - I'd like to try some trail riding!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rubi Charge.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	12700
Old 09-08-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

Hey Bama,

I'm sorta in the same boat. I'm not very familiar yet with places to go riding. However, i don't need to do anything too crazy until I get my tires and a few mroe things. Anyhow, it's in the works!

Hopefully we can all get together and go for a ride soon.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:38 PM
JK Freak

Well since we're posting pics of the Lacy Springs trip, here I am going up a little hill I couldn't get up before I got my new tires. There's a few good little hills to try in this area and you don't have to worry about tearing anything up.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:53 AM
JK Freak

Looks like fun to me!

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat