Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-27-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those don't look like louvers, more like just stamps to make the hood more stronger.... Correct me if I'm missing something...
Old 10-27-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ckivy
Those don't look like louvers, more like just stamps to make the hood more stronger.... Correct me if I'm missing something...
Not sure Chris - will have to let Micah field that question. I have seen some "louvered sheets" that look very, very similar to the hood in that pic.

The RIPP SC causes my engine to generate so much heat, I can barely touch the hood latch when opening the engine bay after I've been running around a bit. Would love to do something to alleviate the heat buildup. Thought about an AEV hood, but grief . . . that's a lot of money and effort just to gain lower engine bay temps.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

Yep, I agree about the AEV. Just re-read my post, "more stronger". I promise I am educated...
About the under hood temps, I am about to add a transmission and power steering cooler, the psc one,I wonder if that will increase temps under the hood? Or even engine temps??
Old 10-27-2011, 06:16 PM
JK Junkie

Yep, I agree about the AEV. Just re-read my post, "more stronger". I promise I am educated...
About the under hood temps, I am about to add a transmission and power steering cooler, the psc one,I wonder if that will increase temps under the hood? Or even engine temps??
Theoretically yes, if they block the radiator like my RIPP SC intercooler. I'm probably going to buy some "Water Wetter" for the radiator after I learn more about its capabilities to lower radiator/engine temps.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Close to what I was considering. We'll have to plan a meet-up to hash out the details with respect to parts, labor, and availability of Jordon's awesome man-cave.

Jordon, how proficient are you at painting, say something like a JK hood with aftermarket louvers installed?
I'd love to help, but I'm no paint/body man. If I were to paint it, it would look like your shoes if I polished them using a hershey bar and a pine cone. I do have a friend that does great body/paint work. He has his own business restoring cars. He is rather expensive, but you could always take your Jeep by his place and let him give you an estimate.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:09 AM
JK Freak

They're actually louers. There are several companies out there that will add louvers to parts that you send them. Normally you pay a setup fee and per louver. Here's another pic:

Micah
Old 10-29-2011, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by burbingus
They're actually louers. There are several companies out there that will add louvers to parts that you send them. Normally you pay a setup fee and per louver. Here's another pic:

Micah
Is that what you have decided to do to yours Micah?
Old 10-29-2011, 01:59 PM
JK Junkie

Default Hood Louvers for a Hemi

Originally Posted by ASTE25
Is that what you have decided to do to yours Micah?
That is Micah's . . . the Hemi lettering on the cowl is the tell-tale sign.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
That is Micah's . . . the Hemi lettering on the cowl is the tell-tale sign.
He has gotten a hair cut since I last saw him. lol.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ASTE25
He has gotten a hair cut since I last saw him. lol.

Yup, he cleaned up real nice.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat