Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-26-2011, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by burbingus
Good call I think. They're pretty sweet looking, and they're useful I off road I hear, but they also make parking a little tricky in tight spaces, and I think a bull bar is just as functional. I really like on my front bumper how the tubing is set up. There's lots of good gripping space and protection for the winch and grill, and there's also enough space to mount lights underneath it. Here's a pic:

I don't see any IPF's on the bumper yet.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ASTE25
I don't see any IPF's on the bumper yet.
lol I even have the parts and schematic to get it done. Soon I guess...
Old 10-26-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Junkie

Default IPF Lights

lol I even have the parts and schematic to get it done. Soon I guess...
If you're like me though, aren't you wondering if it's really a good idea to further block the air flow to the radiator with some large IPFs? I've got an idea for a louver hood that I'm toying around with, but haven't had the gumption to pull the trigger on execution.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
If you're like me though, aren't you wondering if it's really a good idea to further block the air flow to the radiator with some large IPFs? I've got an idea for a louver hood that I'm toying around with, but haven't had the gumption to pull the trigger on execution.
Yeah I'm a bit concerned, but I'll get my louvered hood going soon after I hope. Keep me updated on how yours goes!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:16 PM
JK Junkie

Yeah I'm a bit concerned, but I'll get my louvered hood going soon after I hope. Keep me updated on how yours goes!
Maybe our best option would be to follow dStack's example and load up on some high dollar Rigid Industries' lighting with its nice low profile.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Maybe our best option would be to follow dStack's example and load up on some high dollar Rigid Industries' lighting with its nice low profile.
With the prices on the LED lighting, I've been tempted to build up my own. Too many projects alread though
Old 10-26-2011, 06:41 PM
JK Freak

Check out these pictures of the louvered hood.

I think it looks pretty good, though a different pattern may suite it better. Apparently it's about $750 to get done
Old 10-26-2011, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

You're in Alabama Micah, it's acceptable to take the hood off in the mean time.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:36 AM
JK Freak

Haha I keep forgetting. In that case it sounds like time for an exhaust mod - pipes straight up and out.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:21 PM
JK Junkie

Default Hood Louvers

Close to what I was considering. We'll have to plan a meet-up to hash out the details with respect to parts, labor, and availability of Jordon's awesome man-cave.

Jordon, how proficient are you at painting, say something like a JK hood with aftermarket louvers installed?

Check out these pictures of the louvered hood. I think it looks pretty good, though a different pattern may suite it better. Apparently it's about $750 to get done

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat