Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-10-2011, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Prior to the supercharger, I ran with the Volant and it definitely helped, plus added ~2 mpg to my overall average. Installed a water repellent pre-filter for extra piece of mind, but the Volant design is more enclosed than others (except for perhaps the S&B that Denny used to run with on his '07). Most of the guys I know who have had both intakes and Superchips tunes thought that their tuner made a larger difference in performance, although the intakes yield a throatier sound.
nice pics thanks alot so with your system with snorkel and cai you gained 2mpg with that setup? i know i may not be doing high water crossing but i would like to be safe .
Old 10-10-2011, 06:25 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by chattownjk3
nice pics thanks alot so with your system with snorkel and cai you gained 2mpg with that setup? i know i may not be doing high water crossing but i would like to be safe .
I'm not running a snorkel, but the water repellent pre-filter made me "feel" much better when we had to cross this creek a year or so ago. My white JK (Wilbur) is in the background.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

I'm not running a snorkel, but the water repellent pre-filter made me "feel" much better when we had to cross this creek a year or so ago. My white JK (Wilbur) is in the background.

o ok well good how was your hp and mpg gains? im getting 13.5 would love to get to the 15-16 range in my jeep. also i would like to be posted on any trips you guys may go on around here not to many around here go off road, (that i know of).
Old 10-10-2011, 08:42 AM
JK Junkie

Default Fuel Economy

o ok well good how was your hp and mpg gains? im getting 13.5 would love to get to the 15-16 range in my jeep. also i would like to be posted on any trips you guys may go on around here not to many around here go off road, (that i know of).
Wilbur had a little bit more ummph with the intake. Used to get around 20 MPG on regular unleaded (87 octane).

Now with the RIPP SC, only get around 16 MPG on 89 or 93 octane, and that's driving like a grandma, not like the grandpa style I drove previously.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

Wilbur had a little bit more ummph with the intake. Used to get around 20 MPG on regular unleaded (87 octane).

Now with the RIPP SC, only get around 16 MPG on 89 or 93 octane, and that's driving like a grandma, not like the grandpa style I drove previously.
man if i could get 20mpg tht would be killer but i dont think i will ever see tht number.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:54 PM
JK Junkie

Default Fuel Economy

man if i could get 20mpg tht would be killer but i dont think i will ever see tht number.
I've seen better when on my way out to Moab this past spring (hint - we we're in Colorado at the time this pic was taken).

Old 10-14-2011, 10:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've seen better when on my way out to Moab this past spring (hint - we we're in Colorado at the time this pic was taken).

I wonder what it would have been if you had been coasting even faster. lol
Old 10-16-2011, 02:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ASTE25
I wonder what it would have been if you had been coasting even faster. lol
Coasting........... that's what Wilbur was getting traveling up hill, Wilbur's a beast!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepoholic
Coasting........... that's what Wilbur was getting traveling up hill, Wilbur's a beast!
He's got one hell of a fast winch pull!!!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ASTE25
I wonder what it would have been if you had been coasting even faster.
I'm doing 2100 RPM . . . what do you mean coasting?

Originally Posted by jeepoholic
dStack got a lot better than me, but he was managing his overall fuel status with much more precision.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat