Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-07-2011, 04:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chattownjk3
to go ahead and get the snorkel or not to im thinking if i do the snorkel ill do volant intake and volant snorkel or should i just get an air raid intake? i dont plan on going to watter to maybe need one but i like to always be prepared i do drive alot and have heard rummors of the snorkel hurting what the cold air would do and want to know if that is true? also what should i do first get a superchip or just the cold air or go ahead and save up more and do snorkle and intake? any advice would be much appreciative . i figured id ask you guys since you are in the south like me and would have the best insight ! thanks !
I had the air raid and did many water crossings and time in the mud. Save some money and get a CAI unless you plan on deep over the headlights type water driving.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wonder where that rabble rouser Micah is, I have not seen much from him lately. I wonder if he has put anything else on his JK yet. I know he had some stuff to put on it, but he has not yet called me to help.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:36 PM
JK Super Freak

I also ran an AirRaid in Recon and never had any water issues. Have been contemplating the Volant this time around but no funds.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:47 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ASTE25
I wonder where that rabble rouser Micah is, I have not seen much from him lately. I wonder if he has put anything else on his JK yet. I know he had some stuff to put on it, but he has not yet called me to help.
Jordan, he was plotting out some heat reduction schemes last we conversed, plus trying to figure out how to store all the new parts that were flowing in from the constant UPS deliveries.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Jordan, he was plotting out some heat reduction schemes last we conversed, plus trying to figure out how to store all the new parts that were flowing in from the constant UPS deliveries.
If he'd put them on, that would alleviate his storage problems. It may have something to do with his having a honey do list for Jennifer's Toyota Matrix.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:06 PM
JK Freak

Here's the new oil filter location. I like it.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Here's the new oil filter location. I like it.

How messy is it when you take it out? I notice it's like the old filters (replaceable eliment). Does it flood out oil all on the engine when you remove it ??
Old 10-09-2011, 05:29 AM
JK Freak

No mess at all. I waited about an hour after I got home before changing the oil and when I pulled the filter out it didn't even drip. I guess it all runs back into the engine as soon as the motor is shut off.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
No mess at all. I waited about an hour after I got home before changing the oil and when I pulled the filter out it didn't even drip. I guess it all runs back into the engine as soon as the motor is shut off.
HMMM, I don't know if I like the thought of that. Do you get any lifter rattle at first start up?
Old 10-09-2011, 10:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ASTE25
How messy is it when you take it out? I notice it's like the old filters (replaceable eliment). Does it flood out oil all on the engine when you remove it ??
same setup my 2003 had, its nice to not have oild drain down your arm

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat