Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-05-2011, 02:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RokinRubi
As you can see we go the new motor in with supercharger, rear axle done, front axle cleaned up, transmission and atlas in, with new crossmember made. I am waiting on my raceline wheels, struts, solid d60 knuckles, and high steer arms.

BTW That is a 6.0 lq4 motor out of a denali with a magnuson supercharger. It is mated to a a 4l80e transmission. Dyno run should put us over 500hp

That is going to be bad ass! What's the total on whole project? I imagine it's much less than if you went with a Hemi with D60's from Currie.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepoholic
That is going to be bad ass! What's the total on whole project? I imagine it's much less than if you went with a Hemi with D60's from Currie.
I've spent a lot that's for sure and I still have a lot more to pay for, the end result will be worth me working 56 hours a week and going to school at night.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:58 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RokinRubi
As you can see we go the new motor in with supercharger, rear axle done, front axle cleaned up, transmission and atlas in, with new crossmember made. I am waiting on my raceline wheels, struts, solid d60 knuckles, and high steer arms.

BTW That is a 6.0 lq4 motor out of a denali with a magnuson supercharger. It is mated to a a 4l80e transmission. Dyno run should put us over 500hp
Beadlocks?

Wow, not much left of the original JK - been an adventure though beginning with those first bent axles when you were still down at your parents place. Spectacular build.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah i ordered a set of 17x9.5 raceline monster series
Old 10-05-2011, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimmoiv
Hate to hear about that, but i might be in the market for some of those parts. Let me know when/if they come available
Justin, is that you???
Old 10-05-2011, 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
Justin, is that you???
leave me alone, someones gotta pick up his slack since he got the boot
Old 10-07-2011, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

to go ahead and get the snorkel or not to im thinking if i do the snorkel ill do volant intake and volant snorkel or should i just get an air raid intake? i dont plan on going to watter to maybe need one but i like to always be prepared i do drive alot and have heard rummors of the snorkel hurting what the cold air would do and want to know if that is true? also what should i do first get a superchip or just the cold air or go ahead and save up more and do snorkle and intake? any advice would be much appreciative . i figured id ask you guys since you are in the south like me and would have the best insight ! thanks !
Old 10-07-2011, 05:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by chattownjk3
to go ahead and get the snorkel or not to im thinking if i do the snorkel ill do volant intake and volant snorkel or should i just get an air raid intake? i dont plan on going to watter to maybe need one but i like to always be prepared i do drive alot and have heard rummors of the snorkel hurting what the cold air would do and want to know if that is true? also what should i do first get a superchip or just the cold air or go ahead and save up more and do snorkle and intake? any advice would be much appreciative . i figured id ask you guys since you are in the south like me and would have the best insight ! thanks !
My Airraid definitely helped on power, but it makes me extremely nervous driving through water, so i just take it slow, and i have no problems. I picked the airraid because of the metal sheild that blocks it off from the engine (and any water that might come off the tires toward the engine. On the power side, I live on Green Mountain in huntsville, and my JK used to hunt between 2nd and 3rd gear, now it just locks and unlocks the torque converter. on my short list is the Bullydog GT tuner, should help even more. If you are ever planning on fording deep water the snorkel is the only way to go. If you want some thing in between look at the hummer style cowl snorkel, very cool very unique look
Old 10-07-2011, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jimmoiv
My Airraid definitely helped on power, but it makes me extremely nervous driving through water, so i just take it slow, and i have no problems. I picked the airraid because of the metal sheild that blocks it off from the engine (and any water that might come off the tires toward the engine. On the power side, I live on Green Mountain in huntsville, and my JK used to hunt between 2nd and 3rd gear, now it just locks and unlocks the torque converter. on my short list is the Bullydog GT tuner, should help even more. If you are ever planning on fording deep water the snorkel is the only way to go. If you want some thing in between look at the hummer style cowl snorkel, very cool very unique look
ok thanks. ill have to check out that cowl snorkel, but so far im liking the air raid the best and plus i have the air raid throtle body spacer that i can tell a difference and looks like it helped between .5-.9mpg better and good power at the low end as well for 150 bucks im happy with it. and yes i drive like 60 miles daily which includes some hills as well. so as of now im leaning towards the air raid.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:01 PM
JK Junkie

Default Volant

Prior to the supercharger, I ran with the Volant and it definitely helped, plus added ~2 mpg to my overall average. Installed a water repellent pre-filter for extra piece of mind, but the Volant design is more enclosed than others (except for perhaps the S&B that Denny used to run with on his '07). Most of the guys I know who have had both intakes and Superchips tunes thought that their tuner made a larger difference in performance, although the intakes yield a throatier sound.

Originally Posted by chattownjk3

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Recharged (cleaned and re-oiled) the air intake filter, and installed a water repellent Outerwears pre-filter. Wasn't too concerned about water intake before due to the air intake design, but definitely feel more buttoned-up now with the pre-filter. Still very breathable (you can see through the pre-filter if you look closely), but water beads up on the surface.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat