Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 09-04-2011, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Yes, at Landers!! Would have sworn it was yours by the looks of it, and from what Dennis told me you ordered. It was sitting in the parking lot out front next to the showroom. Go get it!!
It is exactly what I want (even the 4.10 axle) except it has painted top and fenders. On top of not being a fan of that look I'd rather save the $1100 cost. I may have to see if I can work something out to swap some tops around and have a new Jk tomorrow!!
Old 09-04-2011, 07:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
It is exactly what I want (even the 4.10 axle) except it has painted top and fenders. On top of not being a fan of that look I'd rather save the $1100 cost. I may have to see if I can work something out to swap some tops around and have a new Jk tomorrow!!
When I looked at a natural green Rubi that came in last week, it had a painted top and fenders. They were willing to swap the top with a natural green sport, but I'm not sure if they were willing to discount the price by the cost of the painted top.

I also still have my steel blue painted fenders that I never took to the dealership to swap out on the sahara. If you can convince them to swap out my painted ones with the ones on the sahara, you can have the black plastic fenders.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
When I looked at a natural green Rubi that came in last week, it had a painted top and fenders. They were willing to swap the top with a natural green sport, but I'm not sure if they were willing to discount the price by the cost of the painted top.

I also still have my steel blue painted fenders that I never took to the dealership to swap out on the sahara. If you can convince them to swap out my painted ones with the ones on the sahara, you can have the black plastic fenders.
Denny, would you mind giving them a call to see if they would swap fenders today? I'm going to head to the dealer to see if we can do some top swapping. I hope I've got a new Jeep today!!!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 05:31 AM
JK Newbie

I hope it all works out for ya Jason. Barney is the guy I dealt with he is a manager there so if I were you I would talk to him unless you already have talked with someone.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redrockjeepr
I hope it all works out for ya Jason. Barney is the guy I dealt with he is a manager there so if I were you I would talk to him unless you already have talked with someone.
I have been with working with Champion in Athens. They have a black Sahara on the lot with a non-painted top. I'm about to talk with my salesman rigt now about the swap. If they give it a go and Dennis can work out a fender swap, I'm in business!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 07:11 AM
JK Junkie

I also still have my steel blue painted fenders that I never took to the dealership to swap out on the Sahara. If you can convince them to swap out my painted ones with the ones on the sahara, you can have the black plastic fenders.
I didn't even see your blue Sahara out there Denny - I was going to take it for a test drive, and then complain about the rough ride.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by redrockjeepr
I dealt with Anthony Pickett-not your normal car salesman. He wasn't pushy at all and didn't try to convince me to buy a jeep off the lot with options that I didn't want. I told him what I wanted and he found one up in Tennessee. He also went through Barney for trade-in and sales approval. If you're trading in a jeep with aftermarket parts, Barney is the guy you want looking at your jeep. He has a Ram with a 6" lift and 37 or 40 inch tires I believe that he wheels and will give you a fair price for your add-ons. Most dealerships will tell you that what you put on means nothing to them, but he actually gave me thousands for my lift, tires and bumper/winch.

Anyway, here's what I left the lot with last week.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:06 PM
JK Junkie

Very nice - congrats!!

I saw one exactly like it yesterday out on 72W. Guy driving it had a big smile on his face, and didn't look like he was going anywhere in particular, nor was he in a hurry - just out for a Sunday drive.

Did you remember to either pull the tire lock, or hand over the key to the dealership?

Old 09-05-2011, 02:53 PM
JK Super Freak

I dealt with Anthony Pickett-not your normal car salesman. He wasn't pushy at all and didn't try to convince me to buy a jeep off the lot with options that I didn't want. I told him what I wanted and he found one up in Tennessee. He also went through Barney for trade-in and sales approval. If you're trading in a jeep with aftermarket parts, Barney is the guy you want looking at your jeep. He has a Ram with a 6" lift and 37 or 40 inch tires I believe that he wheels and will give you a fair price for your add-ons. Most dealerships will tell you that what you put on means nothing to them, but he actually gave me thousands for my lift, tires and bumper/winch.

Congrats!!!!! What kind of lift are you going with this time?
Old 09-05-2011, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Very nice - congrats!! Did you remember to either pull the tire lock, or hand over the key to the dealership?
Left the key on the key ring.
Originally Posted by jeepoholic
Congrats!!!!! What kind of lift are you going with this time?
No final decisions yet. I liked the set up I had before with the 5" trailmaster and 35" MTR/Kevlars. But my aging knees didn't care for it too much so I may go for something not so tall. I'll stick with a 35" tire, but go down to a 3 or 3-1/2" lift. But if I had to pick tires, it would probably be between the MTRs and MTZs. As for the lift, I'm leaning towards the AEV 3-1/2" kit. I've seen a few complaints about losing clearance with the front control arm brackets. But the only ones I've seen complaining have never owned the kit. People with the kit are generally very satisfied with it. Besides, the front brackets will give me a little extra protection for the exhaust Loop de Loop.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat