Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 07-24-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dstack701
I bought Taylor's front axle, and PSC system to replace my little 30. Hopefully no more shredded gears. I just got my new 5:38s today cuz Taylor's were chipped up. So I upgraded the whole Jeep. Can't wait to get this thing under my Jeep and get back on the trails. I haven't been out since Moab
Hey Dennis - you didn't cruise over here, pick up that axle, and leave without saying "Hi" did you? That's just downright unsociable.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Hey Dennis - you didn't cruise over here, pick up that axle, and leave without saying "Hi" did you? That's just downright unsociable.
Ha, you know I would have although Chris and I met Taylor in Chattanooga to pick up the parts. Finally got the 5:38s in and hopfully starting the swap tomorrow.

So Gary, are you installing all your new Jeep goodies or a shop?
Old 07-24-2011, 04:51 PM
JK Junkie

Ha, you know I would have although Chris and I met Taylor in Chattanooga to pick up the parts. Finally got the 5:38s in and hopefully starting the swap tomorrow.
That's cool - congrats on the new "accessories".

So Gary, are you installing all your new Jeep goodies or a shop?
What little goodies I actually have, I'm installing myself . . . after I spend more time on the supercharger.

I have 95% made up my mind to get the KM2 "baby" 37s - quality control is just so much better than GY MTRs (plus Corey and Chris have demonstrated that the KM2s do just fine on the trails). 42s will just have to wait till later.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:05 PM
JK Freak

That's cool - congrats on the new "accessories".
Thanks, its definitely new territory for me in terms of installing parts. So I'm pretty excited.

What little goodies I actually have, I'm installing myself . . . after I spend more time on the supercharger............42s will just have to wait till later.
There is more satisfaction when you do the install yourself.......and I thought so about the 42s, 60s, etc. 37s look great on a 2dr and 40s on a 4 dr.

I remember the when I was first deciding how big to go. The argument was 33 vs 35 and 37s were the big boys. Now the debate has moved to 35 vs 37s and 40s are big boys. I actually like the 37s but it seems that all the "kids" now roll with 37s on the Jeeps mommy and daddy bought them for high school.....so I wanna move to 40s just to feel different I guess.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After spending all this $$$$$.......... I'm ready to try out what my wife likes call "the mistress" and see how she does.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Anyone heard much about these half-doors?

Ive been looking at them but they are too expensive for me.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought Taylor's front axle, and PSC system to replace my little 30. Hopefully no more shredded gears. I just got my new 5:38s today cuz Taylor's were chipped up. So I upgraded the whole Jeep. Can't wait to get this thing under my Jeep and get back on the trails. I haven't been out since Moab
Sorry about the chipped teeth man no idea Glad to hear you got the new gears though. Thought I would say hi on here and y'all follow my build thread.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...id-Fabs-JKuggy
Old 07-30-2011, 07:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RokinRubi

Sorry about the chipped teeth man no idea Glad to hear you got the new gears though. Thought I would say hi on here and y'all follow my build thread.

It's all good....I got the axle swapped, but I still need to get a new idler pulley (according to PSC) so I can install the Hydraulic assist. May have to get a power steering cooler too. Also adding to the list of installs and repairs....the drag link and frame brace along with new tie rod ends.....and then I can finally get these 5:38s dialed in. Although I fear I'll need help with the backlash measurements.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RokinRubi

It's not your fault Taylor, he shouldn't have been chewing on the axle in the first place!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's all good....I got the axle swapped, but I still need to get a new idler pulley (according to PSC) so I can install the Hydraulic assist. May have to get a power steering cooler too. Also adding to the list of installs and repairs....the drag link and frame brace along with new tie rod ends.....and then I can finally get these 5:38s dialed in. Although I fear I'll need help with the backlash measurements.
I don't think you need one the kit didn't come with one.... could be wrong. Deff get a cooler worth the money to keep the seals in good shape.

Originally Posted by jeepoholic
It's not your fault Taylor, he shouldn't have been chewing on the axle in the first place!
I guess so

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat