Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 07-19-2011, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Wish I could have had a chance to work a deal on the Drake shifters with you - I love how they look, but after buying the D60 axles, atlas transfer case, the new 42" meats on Hutchinson beadlocks, I'm almost penniless and can't afford to purchase them new.

dang, you going with hydraulic steering assist to turn all that meat?
Old 07-19-2011, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

What's up guys? This thread seems a little more active than some of the other Tennessee threads. I've owned my JK for about 3 weeks now and I'm heading up to Nashville in a week or so to visit a buddy for the weekend. I was wondering if there were some simple trails we may could hit up on a Saturday while I'm up there? Not looking for anything too extreme, just want to get out and ride a little.

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Dstack701
I traded the JK for Prius
Sweet - was looking at the new Honda CRZ today. I think it will take the Prius, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Originally Posted by ckivy
And painted the intercooler black because the shiny bling intercooler looked like manure, oh and installed the silencer for the blow off valve that came standard with his RIPP Gen II SC kit........
Fixed your post.

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
dang, you going with hydraulic steering assist to turn all that meat?
Not yet, but I understand half the guys from GA are now, or soon will be, hydraulic steering assisted. Looked into it, but supposedly it doesn't work especially well with a manual transmission - need to study it a bit more.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:31 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeepoholic
As soon as my RIPP SC is running without a hitch, I'll post up a bunch of pics.

Hope you're patient - you may be in for a little bit of a wait.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

Sweet - was looking at the new Honda CRZ today. I think it will take the Prius, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Not yet, but I understand half the guys from GA are now, or soon will be, hydraulic steering assisted. Looked into it, but supposedly it doesn't work especially well with a manual transmission - need to study it a bit more.
I bought Taylor's front axle, and PSC system to replace my little 30. Hopefully no more shredded gears. I just got my new 5:38s today cuz Taylor's were chipped up. So I upgraded the whole Jeep. Can't wait to get this thing under my Jeep and get back on the trails. I haven't been out since Moab
Old 07-20-2011, 04:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
I don't know of any places around Nashville, but it looks like there are a few guys from the Nashville area that might be going to Wooly's Offroad this Saturday. It's a park that's about an hour or so south of Nashville. Keep an eye on the thread, maybe they'll post some pictures up and you can see if it looks like a place that you would like to go.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...3-Wooly-s-7-23
Cool thanks
Old 07-20-2011, 08:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Note to self: If I'm ever in the mood for a hooker, stay out of Lacey's Spring.

Looks like I'm adding Huntsville to the list of places to stay away from when looking for a hooker.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:21 AM
JK Newbie

^^^ Not like the ones I've seen on TV.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:32 AM
JK Super Freak

As soon as my RIPP SC is running without a hitch, I'll post up a bunch of pics.

Hope you're patient - you may be in for a little bit of a wait.
Wow, youre still trying to dial that thing in huh. If you had to do it all over again, would you go that route?
Old 07-22-2011, 04:31 AM
JK Junkie

Default Ripp SC

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Wow, youre still trying to dial that thing in huh. If you had to do it all over again, would you go that route?
So, $5000 back in my pocket, or the cruise control surging, rough idling at cold, engine cut out during moderate acceleration, a 2-3 mpg loss in fuel efficiency . . . hmmm, that's a tough one. I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat