Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 07-04-2011, 08:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coyote Canyon Update

Everyone who skipped this ride did themselves a favor. I have about 6-7 chigger bites that are driving me crazy. I love that place, but next time I'm out there in the summer, I'm lathering on Deet like it's sunscreen.

I'm changing the name of that place to Chigger Canyon.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 07-04-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you guys/girls had fun other than being attacked by chiggers.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
The place we wheeled in the pics above is about 45 minutes from Tim's Ford, but you'd better know your bearings because it's easy to get lost like that rusted out Ford.

What do you think you want to get into - the pics I showed are all the tame ones. There's some mildly challenging rock climbs and mud bogs in this particular area. There's also some seriously extreme stuff North of Tim's Ford.
Those pictures look exactly what I was looking for, looks like a great place to go. But not sure if this trip is going to happen now...Other part of the family dosn't want to that far up or some BS. Family
Old 07-05-2011, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

Everyone who skipped this ride did themselves a favor. I have about 6-7 chigger bites that are driving me crazy. I love that place, but next time I'm out there in the summer, I'm lathering on Deet like it's sunscreen.

I'm changing the name of that place to Chigger Canyon.

LOL I hear you! I think they attacked us on our little detour.

That was a fun trip! I'll post up some of the pictures Jennifer took this afternoon or evening.

Micah
Old 07-05-2011, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by burbingus
LOL I hear you! I think they attacked us on our little detour.

That was a fun trip! I'll post up some of the pictures Jennifer took this afternoon or evening.

Micah
After hearing about all the chigger bites, I'm kinda glad Jennifer went instead of me. lol.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:34 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ASTE25
After hearing about all the chigger bites, I'm kinda glad Jennifer went instead of me. lol.
You missed some good wheeling though, chiggers notwithstanding. It was fun just watching M&J determining what to tackle.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

You missed some good wheeling though, chiggers notwithstanding. It was fun just watching M&J determining what to tackle.

HAHAHA!

It looks so much different from that perspective. I think I'm starting to get a better idea of the vehicle's bounds.

I'll have to let you know when we try Mosquito Pass or Yellowjacket Trail.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, his ride is a lot better equipped than it was the frist time I saw it in action. It still put mine to shame that ride.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:04 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by burbingus
As before, moderators, please delete this post if it's against forum rules, or I don't post any pics of the recent Chigger Canyon ride within the next 24 hours.

Micah
Fixed your post.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:09 PM
JK Freak

Fixed your post.
I knew I was forgetting something! Thanks for reminding me... I'll try to remember to post some up in the morning, and I'll shoot you a link with zip file you can download with the rest.

Micah

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat