Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 01-04-2009, 04:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
That will work for me - was thinking of camping down there Friday night, but with all the rain and not knowing much about the area, I've decided to just drive down Saturday morning. We could meet at the Walmart on South Pkwy-Drake like we've done in the past.
That works for me too. 6am at Walmart parking lot off of memorial Pkway

BTW, went wheelin today with neighbor down off of TN River bridge on Memorial Pkway (north side of river). OMG, talk about mud flinging. Broke tow strap 3xs. mud everywhere, the thick stuff. we need to take a trip over there one day.
I learned real quick that a chain is much better than tow strap. Also need to add short shovel and a come-along.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon

BTW, went wheelin today with neighbor down off of TN River bridge on Memorial Pkway (north side of river). OMG, talk about mud flinging. Broke tow strap 3xs. mud everywhere, the thick stuff. we need to take a trip over there one day.
I learned real quick that a chain is much better than tow strap. Also need to add short shovel and a come-along.
Be careful using a chain, I've had one break on me before. Can be dangerous when they snap!
Old 01-04-2009, 07:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
Be careful using a chain, I've had one break on me before. Can be dangerous when they snap!
I hear ya. Got crap scared out of me today when strap broke and came back and struck window right in front of me. Luckily hook wasn't on it.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Great place to shoot machine guns too...
Old 01-05-2009, 09:27 AM
JK Freak

OH, I can show you how to get stuck...trust me!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:25 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bama JK
That would work for me. It looks like it will take about 2 1/2 hours to get down there, so do you want to meet at walmart about 6:00 so we can take our time getting there for the 9:00 meet up in the parking area?
6AM sounds good - I like the idea of taking our time, and not having to do 75+ on those back roads.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:02 PM
JK Newbie

Default For Sale: Five 17" Rubicon Machined Wheels for JK

Hello Everybody...I also posted this in the For Sale section but wanted to make sure Jeep folks in the Huntsville and surrounding area see it.

I have a set of five 17" Rubicon machined "polished" wheels (no tires) for sale...they are new vehicle "take-offs" and in excellent condition...they fit 2007 to 2009 Jeep Wranglers and are 17" with 5X5 bolt pattern. $400 firm and cash only...for pictures email harry.buford@gmail.com or call 256 683-8788 or 256 759-2640. The wheels can be seen and picked up in South Huntsville.

JK-Rubi - thanks for making me aware of this site...lots of excellent info and JK pictures. I also mounted the rails and they look really good. Thanks!

Thanks,
Randy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rubicon wheel.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	17454  
Old 01-05-2009, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

This is my first time tryin to post pics on here but here goes..

Old 01-05-2009, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

Old 01-05-2009, 07:59 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by hdtrader
JK-Rubi - thanks for making me aware of this site...lots of excellent info and JK pictures. I also mounted the rails and they look really good. Thanks!

Thanks,
Randy
You're welcome - glad to hear the Rock Rails worked out. You'll have to come meet everyone one day when we're just going to go out and splash some mud.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat