Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 05-02-2011, 07:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKU Confusion

Originally Posted by BONDSY
That is actually Trailbud's JK.
Looked a little closer at the two big white JKUs that were next door at Moab, and noticed that Trailbud's had a snorkel and Eddie's does not. Eddie does however have automatic tops (or the next best thing). When it looked like fine weather, I'd see a young man about 14-15 years old taking the soft top off. When weather looked threatening, the same young man was out there buttoning Moby Dick back up.

I'm guessing he was Eddie's son, but not sure. He was good with those tops though.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Junkie

Default Power Outage

Good job Dennis. Looks like mine . . . except I have more ice cream.

There was one myth about the power outage that didn't pass muster, at least for me. That being that if one didn't open your freezer, it was supposedly good for about 3 days. Well after one day, I decided to grab the Klondike bars and pass them out to the neighbors - problem was, they had already melted. Same with some other ice cream, but not as bad as the Klondikes.

Originally Posted by Denny2565
I got my power back on this morning or maybe it was late last night. I took advantage of the situation and restocked my freezer. Looks like I'm back to pre-power outage levels.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Wilky
My KM2's (in 33-inch) were at 43K when Dennis picked them up. He can atest to how much tread remained. There was enough to DEF rock crawl/wheel...and still get another 10K highway on them. The longevity was amazing and if BFG were sized true then I would have gotten them again (a 35 measured out short). Be sure to check your rating though, as they were bouncy being an E-rated tire.
I'm not sure it was the tires as it was the lift I got from you. That skyjacker lift is bouncy as hell. Of course I am needing shocks.

I dislike short tires. Recommend me a 35x12.50x17 Or hell even a 36" tire. I'm going to chop my flairs so I am really debating 37's but I think that will call for a regear.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by racinfast002
so what was that website that had the cheap fender clips...FAIL

I have a box of the fender clips if you want to try again.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Policejeep
We had about 38 burglaries the first night of the storms and about 3 each night since then. The curfew is a great thing. I have stopped several people that are going or coming from work. I just get their name and let them go.
That really stinks. I cant believe there are people out there that would take advantage of other people's bad luck.

Spent yesterday helping someone move their furniture out of their home to a storage unit. Their home looks fairly good from the outside, few shingles gone and some rain gutters missing, but the water got into the home and the whole ceiling inside needs replaced as do the wood floors and carpets.
Have a friend that lives in the neighborhood off of 53 that was ravaged, headed there today to help out.

BTW, they just stated there were 312 tornadoes during last wed's storm.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:57 AM
JK Junkie

Default Moab Gas Station

We wore this Maverick Gas Station out on our recent trip (it was just a few miles from our condo). Looks like it was a favorite stop for a lot of folks.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
I have a box of the fender clips if you want to try again.
i went ahead and ordered a couple of boxes from the online place. They are really cheap online, so no worries. Thanks for the offer though.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Looks like ckivy is about to win a new axle.

Correction. He just won.
damn thats awesome! Way to go chris
Old 05-03-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Freak

after much deliberation, I'm thinking I am going to go with 37x12.50x17 KM2's
Old 05-03-2011, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by racinfast002
after much deliberation, I'm thinking I am going to go with 37x12.50x17 KM2's
whacha gonna do with your old rims, i got at least 1 with a scar on it, if you'd be willing to trade

also, anyone up for five guys later this week, since last week got canceled and all.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat