Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 04-29-2011, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Divescaves
Left my key on all nite and had to jump it off. Now the engine light is on. Anyone know how to get it off?
I've got a code scanner, it will clear it too, if you want to use it
Old 04-29-2011, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by racinfast002

i would like to shove a red hot fire poker up their asses, but thats just me I'm sure
So I crawled under my jeep, which I just realized she needs a name, to see if I could find the problem that was causing the gas cap code. Landers had left one of the hoses going to the evap disconnected. What a bunch of F-ing morons, and he brent asked me if I tightened the gas cap three clicks
Old 04-29-2011, 03:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Family and I are ok. Spent Wed night with Jeep helping ambulances and rescue units get through Old Railroad Bed Rd. We would clear one tree, goo 100' then clear another. They were trying to get to two people trapped in a house, we didnt make it in time. Did carry an elderly couple out of their home, roof had been torn off and house was surrounded in 3-4' water. Devastation is undescribable.
You can find fuel of of I-65 south of the river. Have a generator hooked up to the house so I have the frig and a few other things running. Using an aircard from work for spotty internet.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Family and I are ok. Spent Wed night with Jeep helping ambulances and rescue units get through Old Railroad Bed Rd. We would clear one tree, goo 100' then clear another. They were trying to get to two people trapped in a house, we didnt make it in time. Did carry an elderly couple out of their home, roof had been torn off and house was surrounded in 3-4' water. Devastation is undescribable.
You can find fuel of of I-65 south of the river. Have a generator hooked up to the house so I have the frig and a few other things running. Using an aircard from work for spotty internet.
Good to hear you're alright. I think I'm headed to Henagar tomorrow to help. They good hit hard and have had little support.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ckivy
Anyone heard from Gary?
Havent heard from Gary or Denny.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:36 PM
JK Freak

Looks like I finally have AT&T service. I'm sitting in the darkness, lil' Beretta on my lap and listening to the radio now. During the storms, I was outside with a neighbor watching a big cloud rotation directly above our houses. It was really eerie. The clouds were rotating and as they entered the center, they would shoot straight up. I looked north and about 50 yards from my house I could see clouds blowing straight down to treetop level. We got lucky but unfortunately many others can't say the same.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:49 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Looks like I finally have AT&T service. I'm sitting in the darkness, lil' Beretta on my lap and listening to the radio now. During the storms, I was outside with a neighbor watching a big cloud rotation directly above our houses. It was really eerie. The clouds were rotating and as they entered the center, they would shoot straight up. I looked north and about 50 yards from my house I could see clouds blowing straight down to treetop level. We got lucky but unfortunately many others can't say the same.
Glad to hear your ok. I went 4 weeks without power at my house during Katrina. Sucks bigtime. I will say this, times like that and you'll see alot of people pull together and help each other. You got food,water?
Old 04-29-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Freak

Yep, I lived in Diamondhead MS when Katrina came through and didn't have power for a month either. But it really didn't matter since my house was flooded with a mixture of sea water, bayou water and treatment plant water. I'm good on food and water. Publix is about a mile away and they brought in a huge generator on a flatbed trailer to get their store up and running.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Harvest is a mess. The big ones that came through missed us by 1/4 mile; we are so lucky. The good thing is we have plenty of food, gas, and a great generator.

On a. Side note, on my way to publix, a very helpful stranger pulled me to the side of the road to give me directions due to the trees and power lines in the road way. He just so happened to be a very nice Hummer guy. I very thankful he stopped to help.

Last edited by Se2002; 04-30-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Freak

guys I'm good and have been busting my ass the last few days helping with the clean up. My buddy's house on wall triana got hit so I have had plenty to do. Just got internet back, I'm whipped.

Also, I'm now officially a UAH graduate

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat