Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 04-21-2011, 03:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ASTE25

I Don't think it's what you said, more the way you said it. It was written in a condesending manner (rules #3 and #4 to be specific). If it had been me in your position I would have copy and pasted the forum rules that had been broken and explained that this is why the posts were deleted. You should remember that although you are a moderator and you may have been 100% correct, you are dealing with adults and these same adults support the forum and it's sponsors.
Originally Posted by Wilky

Well said.
And, with all due respect, you should remember that these same adults agreed to abide by certain rules as a condition precedent to free membership on this moderated forum. Nonetheless, some of these "adults" continue to routinely break the very rules that they agreed to follow. Admin. and the moderators of this forum work tirelessly to ensure that the forum runs well, and that the rules WE ALL AGREED TO FOLLOW are in fact followed. So, when people intentionally sidestep the rules and/or openly mock the very existence of those rules to begin with, the response is quite simple...if you don't like the rules and/or don't want to follow them anymore, leave. I don't see how that is condescending; it is just a simple statement about the reality of the situation.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:00 PM
JK Jedi Master

I Don't think it's what you said, more the way you said it. It was written in a condesending manner (rules #3 and #4 to be specific). If it had been me in your position I would have copy and pasted the forum rules that had been broken and explained that this is why the posts were deleted. You should remember that although you are a moderator and you may have been 100% correct, you are dealing with adults and these same adults support the forum and it's sponsors.
These "adults" had each been sent a PM stating the rules and asking for their compliance, yet they continued to litter the forum with their snide comments and dissent for the rules. After the ridicules posts were cleaned up I made a clear and understandable post in open forum. Had you been me, in my position, with more knowledge of the totality of the circumstances you may have done the same thing. Had they wanted to support this forum they would have complied with the rules.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robar
These "adults" had each been sent a PM stating the rules and asking for their compliance, yet they continued to litter the forum with their snide comments and dissent for the rules. After the ridicules posts were cleaned up I made a clear and understandable post in open forum. Had you been me, in my position, with more knowledge of the totality of the circumstances you may have done the same thing. Had they wanted to support this forum they would have complied with the rules.
I'll give you that you had more knowledge of what was going on via the PM's than I had. However, you posted a response in an open forum, which leads everyone to believe it is aimed at all (known as the shotgun approach). As I said, I didn't disagree that you were right, I just didn't think you were being professional as a moderator. With the facts now known, I believe the better approach would have been to send the message you put in open forum to the responsible people via PM. Professionalism on the forum is best led by examnple.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mskh20
And, with all due respect, you should remember that these same adults agreed to abide by certain rules as a condition precedent to free membership on this moderated forum. Nonetheless, some of these "adults" continue to routinely break the very rules that they agreed to follow. Admin. and the moderators of this forum work tirelessly to ensure that the forum runs well, and that the rules WE ALL AGREED TO FOLLOW are in fact followed. So, when people intentionally sidestep the rules and/or openly mock the very existence of those rules to begin with, the response is quite simple...if you don't like the rules and/or don't want to follow them anymore, leave. I don't see how that is condescending; it is just a simple statement about the reality of the situation.
As I stated in my previous post, with the new information it should have been handled either professionally, without the attitude, in the forum or with the attitude, in a PM, if that's what you think it would take. I was not even involved in the rule breaking and the response struck me as being condensending. All I expect is for the moderator's to rise above and remain professional. That is part of leadership responsabality.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
I have never seen such a vehicle, pretty interesting. Imagine the lack of fuel mileage!
It started out with a diesel 4 cylinder. But somewhere along the way, that was taken out and now it has a small block Oldsmobile V8.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:54 PM
JK Super Freak

As I stated in my previous post, with the new information it should have been handled either professionally, without the attitude, in the forum or with the attitude, in a PM, if that's what you think it would take. I was not even involved in the rule breaking and the response struck me as being condensending. All I expect is for the moderator's to rise above and remain professional. That is part of leadership responsabality.
couldnt agree more.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've made more post's in here the last day than I have in a year. lol. At least it keeps the room moving!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Interesting. It looks like Gary's jeep on the left, but that one has a painted grill.

Thats Gary's Jeep with a Bra on it.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

I'll give you that you had more knowledge of what was going on via the PM's than I had. However, you posted a response in an open forum, which leads everyone to believe it is aimed at all (known as the shotgun approach). As I said, I didn't disagree that you were right, I just didn't think you were being professional as a moderator. With the facts now known, I believe the better approach would have been to send the message you put in open forum to the responsible people via PM. Professionalism on the forum is best led by examnple.
I have been here a long time, and I have gotten sideways with a couple of mods, but sometimes, there is a lot more to the story, and frankly Robar is one of the best mods here, so I would take him as his word and move on.

Just remember, it is worth every penny you are paying for access here.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Yep, eventually this will roll a few pages back and be old news. I think everyone has said their peace, now it's time to move on.
Let's hope so, we really need to get this back to the "Hey, was that you in the Blue JKU on University Ave yesterday?" talk.

Anyone going to LBL on the 5th-7th for the Jamboree?

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat