Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 04-20-2011, 08:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I forgot this is Easter weekend. If you've got the cb in your jeep now, it's ok to listen, just don't transmit. If you transmit with that high of a reading, it will eventually damage the circuitry of the cb.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
OK, I forgot this is Easter weekend. If you've got the cb in your jeep now, it's ok to listen, just don't transmit. If you transmit with that high of a reading, it will eventually damage the circuitry of the cb.
Define "don't transmit.". Because at the very least you have to transmit to check the SWR levels.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:40 AM
JK Freak

It's ok to key the mic for a few seconds to check your readings, just don't have a bunch of conversations with other people.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Defender39
Yikes. What's up with the tone? I really enjoy JK-Forum (currently the only forum I am active on), but this just seems a little ...pretentious? I don't really see the need for being condescending towards users.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Defender39
Yikes. What's up with the tone? I really enjoy JK-Forum (currently the only forum I am active on), but this just seems a little ...pretentious? I don't really see the need for being condescending towards users.

With that said, I do appreciate the work moderators do on the boards because things should be cleaned up from time to time.

And now it's time for bed. Hopefully these storms won't keep me up! 'Night all.
Seriously, totaly uncalled for.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:55 AM
JK Super Freak

I heard that old FC jeep rumbling down my street again so I jumped in my jeep to hunt him down. It turns out he lives in my neighborhood. He told me that he bought it off a guy that used it at a deer camp.

He showed me the govt ID plate and it had Kaiser Jeep across the top, US Marine Corp. stamped on it along with several other lines of info. There was only around 300 of this particular model made and only about 30 left on the road today.

This is my favorite picture, probably because I'm in it.

I have never seen such a vehicle, pretty interesting. Imagine the lack of fuel mileage!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Robar
For those of you that are upset about the forum's For Sale rules there are some options for you.
1. Don't post any items for sale.
2. Post items for sale in the appropriate forum.
3. Stop complaining about something you can't change.
4. Choose to not log in at all.
Originally Posted by racinfast002
Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Seriously, totaly uncalled for.
Hmmm, I thought I was being quite cordial while pointing the obvious. If you don't like it feel free to choose #4.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Interesting. It looks like Gary's jeep on the left, but that one has a painted grill.

I havent checked out their facebook thread in a few days but looks like theyre having a good time out there at MOAB. Wonder how much carnage will occur?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
I havent checked out their facebook thread in a few days but looks like theyre having a good time out there at MOAB. Wonder how much carnage will occur?
hopefully none! I thought I was the carnage king for the HSV guys. Well maybe not king, but I am at least capt hard on shit
Old 04-21-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robar
Hmmm, I thought I was being quite cordial while pointing the obvious. If you don't like it feel free to choose #4.
I Don't think it's what you said, more the way you said it. It was written in a condesending manner (rules #3 and #4 to be specific). If it had been me in your position I would have copy and pasted the forum rules that had been broken and explained that this is why the posts were deleted. You should remember that although you are a moderator and you may have been 100% correct, you are dealing with adults and these same adults support the forum and it's sponsors.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat