Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 12-25-2008, 04:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nucorman
Hope everyone had a great christmas. Thanks for all the helpful hints on the install. Everything went good other than one trip to home depot to get a new bolt after i stripped the stock one out. It definetly looks 10x better now. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow. thanks again
Sounds good - glad to hear things went well.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Hope everyone has a safe New Year. Lorie and I celebrate our 20yr anniversary tomorrow. Cant imagine any woman putting up with my crap that long!
Old 12-29-2008, 08:33 AM
JK Super Freak

BTW, zipper is ripping on back window. Went to Landers today and have an appt with an Upholstery shop on Friday to have new one put in. Its under warranty.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:05 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Hope everyone has a safe New Year. Lorie and I celebrate our 20yr anniversary tomorrow. Cant imagine any woman putting up with my crap that long!
Congratulations!!
Old 12-29-2008, 01:08 PM
JK Junkie

BTW, zipper is ripping on back window. Went to Landers today and have an appt with an Upholstery shop on Friday to have new one put in. Its under warranty.
That's good that they're covering - I need to go in and have them replace a retainer nut for my hardtop. I took the top off this past Spring, and when I attempted to hand-tighten the screw back into place (mainly for save keeping while I had the hardtop off), I noticed it had been cross-threaded at the factory. I called to see what the price was of the nut, and figured if it was $1 or so, I would just order it and not worry about filing under warranty. However, they want $6.95 for just the nut!!

Anyway, need to get the "new improved" clips for the back tailgate bar also, as I've had the original ones zip-tied since the hardtop came off. It's the only way they would stay in place with the soft top up. Need to get all the part numbers figured out before I go in so that my visit will hopefully be expedited. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
That's good that they're covering - I need to go in and have them replace a retainer nut for my hardtop. I took the top off this past Spring, and when I attempted to hand-tighten the screw back into place (mainly for save keeping while I had the hardtop off), I noticed it had been cross-threaded at the factory. I called to see what the price was of the nut, and figured if it was $1 or so, I would just order it and not worry about filing under warranty. However, they want $6.95 for just the nut!!

Anyway, need to get the "new improved" clips for the back tailgate bar also, as I've had the original ones zip-tied since the hardtop came off. It's the only way they would stay in place with the soft top up. Need to get all the part numbers figured out before I go in so that my visit will hopefully be expedited. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.
$6.95 aint crap after that $1500+ you spent on rear bumper.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:52 AM
JK Junkie

$6.95 aint crap after that $1500+ you spent on rear bumper.
Please tell me you haven't been losing sleep over the cost of that bumper.
I also like this Expedition One - doesn't block the license, retains factory hitch, and opens in conjunction with the tailgate. Very clean look.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Please tell me you haven't been losing sleep over the cost of that bumper.
I also like this Expedition One - doesn't block the license, retains factory hitch, and opens in conjunction with the tailgate. Very clean look.
Expedition?? That looks like a Fab Four bumper Must be similar in design.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:57 PM
JK Junkie

Expedition?? That looks like a Fab Four bumper Must be similar in design.
Yeah the Fab Four is similar, but notice the integrated receiver, latch in front of license plate and I don't believe it's as "full" or wide as the EO.

Here's another pic of the Expedition One.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:02 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nucorman
Hope everyone had a great christmas. Thanks for all the helpful hints on the install. Everything went good other than one trip to home depot to get a new bolt after i stripped the stock one out. It definetly looks 10x better now. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow. thanks again
nucorman, you going to join us at Choccolocco next weekend? And, where are those pics?

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat