Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 12-23-2008, 06:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nucorman
Yeah I got the new shocks and I have 1.5" spidertrax spacers to put on too. I'm planning on running my stock wheels and tires until I can figure out if I want 33's or 35's. I've noticed some people have had problems with the rear sway bar links and had to mount them different than the instructions say. Did you have any issues with them?
No trouble for me, but it's apparently a real hit or miss thing due to Chrysler's loose tolerances.

If you'd like, send me a PM with your number as I may have a couple hours available tomorrow to lend a hand, or at the minimum, some moral support.

Also, a couple of jacks can help if the coils are being ornery. Hopefully you have a decent set of tools, stands, jacks, etc., as the right items in that department can help tremendously.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nucorman
Hey guys I'll be installing the 2.5" teraflex coil lift tomorrow.. Are there any tips or things I can do to make for an easier install? For now I'm just going to install the track bar relocation bracket on the rear, but might end up putting on new adjustable track bars in the future. thanks
If you haven't already looked at them, the Full Traction 3" Economy lift and Teraflex BB write-ups are really helpful. http://www.project-jk.com/?cat=12

And liquid dish detergent helps when trying to get the front bumpstops in. If I remember correctly, we used the scissor jack to push the bumpstop in on JK-Rubi's jeep. It also helps to coat the outside of the front bumpstop with detergent when pushing the front coils into place.
I'll have some free time tomorrow and I'm in Madison too. So shoot me a pm with time/address/number and I'll try to stop by for a while.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:50 PM
JK Freak

Hey Bama, those tires look good and the picture doesn't even look photoshopped. Now you can give JK-Rubi a run for his money on the trails.
By the way, first you take your wife trail riding and get her all muddy. And now you make it even harder for her to climb in the jeep with those tires. Yep, you owe her big time.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Hey Bama, those tires look good and the picture doesn't even look photoshopped. Now you can give JK-Rubi a run for his money on the trails.
By the way, first you take your wife trail riding and get her all muddy. And now you make it even harder for her to climb in the jeep with those tires. Yep, you owe her big time.
Thanks Denny. I know, now she needs to take a running jump to get in. I guess I need to get her a new step-stool for Christmas. The bad thing is know I think it would look nice with a 4"+ long arm.

Last edited by bama JK; 12-24-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by In5ane
Bama-JK,...
So, did you get any wheels spacers, or do the 15's fit fine with no rubbing?
No spacers but I did have to hit the brake bracket with the grinder, it didn't take 10 mins. per side. No big deal, I love the big tire look the 15''s give you.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:05 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bama JK

Thanks Denny. I know, now she needs to take a running jump to get in. I guess I need to get her a new step-stool for Christmas. The bad thing is know I think it would look nice with a 4"+ long arm.
A step-stool!!! You cad - a real gentleman would buy her a nice step to permanently mount to the Jeep. Those Mopar, Shrockworks, PureJeep, etc. steps (some people erroneously, especially in discussions with their wives, refer to these as sliders/rock rails) would address the problem nicely.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
A step-stool!!! You cad - a real gentleman would buy her a nice step to permanently mount to the Jeep. Those Mopar, Shrockworks, PureJeep, etc. steps (some people erroneously, especially in discussions with their wives, refer to these as sliders/rock rails) would address the problem nicely.
That's a great way to get her to let me spend more money on the JK thanks Rubi!!
Old 12-25-2008, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Marry Christmas everyone!!!
Old 12-25-2008, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Merry Christmas!!!

Oh, my lift should be in in the next week or two...so pics to come. Man, I'm frustrated with superlift. They didn't bother to tell me a MONTH ago that the kits were backordered!!!!
Old 12-25-2008, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

Hope everyone had a great christmas. Thanks for all the helpful hints on the install. Everything went good other than one trip to home depot to get a new bolt after i stripped the stock one out. It definetly looks 10x better now. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow. thanks again

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat