Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 03-02-2011, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by armyretiree
Hi, all just found the site...From Cullman
welcome to this tread!....
Old 03-02-2011, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 256MarSahar
just got a 4 dr Sahara here in H-town...best vehicle ive ever owned!!!
welcome to this thread! i cant bring myself to say my sahara is the best vehicle ive ever owned, the mostest fun, yes indeed....not the best...
Old 03-02-2011, 07:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by redrockjeepr
I got the recall on the fender liner and something else but can't remember. I haven't took mine to the stealer in a while I know it probably needs the steel header in it. But I got tired of having to keep taking it up there.
NO EFFING LIE! I've given up on those sorry bastard. They are suppose to have my Jeep back to me around 2. We shall see. I think I have better odds of having a 3 way then that actually happening
Old 03-02-2011, 08:44 AM
JK Freak

Jeep just called me, I will be getting a whole new rear diff put in my jeep tomorrow. I knew I had better luck at a 3 way
Old 03-02-2011, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
Jeep just called me, I will be getting a whole new rear diff put in my jeep tomorrow. I knew I had better luck at a 3 way
you'd need a crash helmet and a cape!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default sit down, stop laughing, i have a valid JEEP RELATED question.....

i think ive ask this back when steve was talking about steering stabilizer's...and dont remember the answer.....ive got a 2.5" suspension lift and 35" tires, i rotate and balance the tires with each oil change at 5k, but still have a vibration\wobble, or "looseness" feel in the steering wheel? should i upgrade the steering stabilizer, would that help?
Old 03-02-2011, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RCAllen
i think ive ask this back when steve was talking about steering stabilizer's...and dont remember the answer.....ive got a 2.5" suspension lift and 35" tires, i rotate and balance the tires with each oil change at 5k, but still have a vibration\wobble, or "looseness" feel in the steering wheel? should i upgrade the steering stabilizer, would that help?
It might help, but let's start simple. What PSI are you running your tires at? Have you crawled under and checked your steering to make sure everything it tight? Have you retorqued all of the bolts? Is it a bit floaty or scary loose?
Old 03-02-2011, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Torrin
It might help, but let's start simple. What PSI are you running your tires at? Have you crawled under and checked your steering to make sure everything it tight? Have you retorqued all of the bolts? Is it a bit floaty or scary loose?
38psi, it was higher but was way too bouncy...it's just a bit "floaty" not scary loose at all. as for checking everything, i had the lift\wheels\tires done almost a year ago here in town and drove it right to mark in ardmore becuase he has that high-end balancer, he recommended the 38psi and it did soften the ride. but while he had it i asked him to go back and double check everything that had been done to make sure it all looked right and was tight? did he? i dunno...guess i should re-check all that huh? and yes, it's been this way since i drove him home....
Old 03-02-2011, 12:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RCAllen
38psi, it was higher but was way too bouncy...it's just a bit "floaty" not scary loose at all. as for checking everything, i had the lift\wheels\tires done almost a year ago here in town and drove it right to mark in ardmore becuase he has that high-end balancer, he recommended the 38psi and it did soften the ride. but while he had it i asked him to go back and double check everything that had been done to make sure it all looked right and was tight? did he? i dunno...guess i should re-check all that huh? and yes, it's been this way since i drove him home....
I would try dropping your pressure down to 28-30 PSI. I am running at 32PSI and my steering improved dramatically from 40PSI. I have heard 35's s/b closer to 28PSI. A steering stabilizer is probably not needed unless your is leaking.

If that does not work, I would check your steering components are properly torqued down. Many death wobble instances are caused by your bolts loosening a bit. If you don't have a good torque wrench, have a trusted mechanic do it.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Sounds like it might be re-torquing time for your jeep. My nuts loosened up after about six months of not touching them. (where's Anthony at when you say something that's just begging for a snappy comeback. Oh well, I guess we'll leave it up to Corporal Brokemyshytt. Yea, that's right. You've been demoted...again.)
I hate when my nuts are loose and flop around. Being a young buck, I haven't had to experience that, but I've heard from you fellow that are older than dirt that its a bitch

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat