Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 12-18-2008, 07:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coal Creek - Windrock

Anyone else from our area planning to attend this ride ---> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/south-49/coal-creek-windrock-12-26-12-27-a-60850/. Guy at work doesn't have enough good things to say about this park - 160 miles of trails, on 72,000 acres.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Anyone else from our area planning to attend this ride ---> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60850. Guy at work doesn't have enough good things to say about this park - 160 miles of trails, on 72,000 acres.
Sounds like a great place but bad timing for me. would have to do an overnighter for this place.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:28 PM
JK Freak

Well, I went out to eat tonight and unfortunately someone felt the need to slice my rear passenger window and break into my jeep...

My wife and I were walking out of the restaurant and saw someone walk out from between my jeep and the suv next to me and get in a car that was waiting for him. We thought that looked a little strange, but wasn't really sure what was going on. I looked at the two young guys who drove by and then continued walking toward my jeep. As we got closer, I noticed the window on the other side was pulled back. I immediately took off running after the car that had drove off. Before I could get close enough to get the tag number, they realized what I was doing and left in a hurry. Pissed off isn't the word! I was looking for anything near me (hoping for a brick) and wanted to hurl it through their back window.

Anywho, if you see a 2 door gold sunfire with two young guys...please feel free to run them off the road. Thanks! The funny thing was, he sliced my window in about three places and still couldn't get it off very well. He ended up ripping the fabric above the zipper and got it back far enough to reach into the vehicle. Nothing was taken, but he sure did make a mess of all the stuff I had in the jeep. Any jeep person could remove that window in about 30 seconds....so had to be an amateur. Maybe I should quit my job and feed off all the other people who work for a living. That seems to be what people think as the holiday season arrives. Why not do as other countries and start cutting off fingers, hands, or arms when you steal something...wouldn't that work?????

Ok, still pissed off so I'm going to bed. Just be careful when you park somewhere from now on.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

Oh, will be needing a rear passenger window, so let me know if you have one or know of someone with one for sale.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:41 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by In5ane
Well, I went out to eat tonight and unfortunately someone felt the need to slice my rear passenger window and break into my jeep...
Sorry to hear about that Dewayne. Was there anything in the Jeep to attract them, or do you think they were just hoping to find something of value?

P.S. - I'll keep my eye on the lookout for a passenger side rear window. You might consider posting this incident on the main board - who knows, you could end up with three or four of them.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 12-21-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Sorry to hear about your mis-fortune, man. Where in H-ville did this happen? It is especially dangerous this time a year. I will keep a look-out for the gold Sunfire and when I find them:

Muhahahahahaha.

On a serious note... did you file a police report?
Old 12-22-2008, 06:10 AM
JK Super Freak

That blows dude. Let us know where this occurred. Hoped you find a new window on the cheap.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
Sorry to hear about your mis-fortune, man. Where in H-ville did this happen? It is especially dangerous this time a year. I will keep a look-out for the gold Sunfire and when I find them:

Muhahahahahaha.

On a serious note... did you file a police report?
Now, that's what I'm talking about...!!!

Well, it occurred at the Applebees on North Parkway. Not the best of areas...but never had a problem until then. All I can think about is maybe they were after the Gander Mountain bag in the jeep. My wife and I were finishing our shopping and had a big gander mountain bag in the jeep. There wasn't anything super valuable, but I'm sure they wanted to find out for themselves. They didn't have long to look because we came out just after he broke in the window. It looked like he tried to grab the bag, but it was all dumped out in the jeep and he got nothing. I guess I'm lucky in that aspect.

Jk-Rubi,

I'll post something and see what happens...thanks!

Oh, and yes I filed a report, but it was over the phone. I think he was on coffee and doughnut break though, he didn't seem to care. Of course, they probably just get so many this time of year....

Last edited by In5ane; 12-22-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

I also posted this in the JK Talk section...

In5ane...I live in Huntsville too. Where were you when it happened? I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago on the southeast side of town...I questioned a guy walking around my Jeep in the pouring rain late at night. He kept walking and quickly got in the passenger side of a dark older model Toyota truck parked down the road and they left out. I notified the police but they were long gone by the time the police arrived. Funny thing was that he may have crapped his pants when I hollered at him.

Thanks fot the info...I'll also be on the lookout for a Sunfire. These kids or guys won't stop until they get caught, hurt, or shot...for their sake I hope they get caught.

hdtrader
Old 12-22-2008, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Again I'm so sorry about your jk getting broke in In5ane. I almost didn't put the hard top on for the winter, but the glass windows are good for making punks think twice.

On a up note Christmas came early today, I didn't get to take any good pics yet but here is a teaser:

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat