Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 02-14-2011, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
Sorry I have been scarce around here lately... alot has been going on in my life! Anyway here is the update.

We have been working on adopting a 2 year old girl located in Huntsville since Thanksgiving. There were some technical difficulties mainly due to the wonderful support from DHR (insert sarcasm here) so we are still in limbo with that. For 18 years of marriage the doctors have been telling us that we will not be having our own children... when we got back from the holiday's she felt like she needed to take a test and guess what folks... WE ARE EXPECTING!!! I am so excited, nervous, worried, happy, and stoked beyond words. This is truly a miracle for our family. We are currently 10 weeks into this so we do not know if it is a boy or a girl yet. Anyway here is our baby's first picture (at 4 weeks):
Good to hear from you. Been wondering where you been.

CONGRATS! That is awesome news about the new addition to the family! I am extremely happy for you and your whole family. I will have to buy you a beer next time your in town. Because soon, you are going to be elbow deep in diapers......

Another Jeeper coming into the world! SWWWEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony
Old 02-14-2011, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

[B][COLOR="yellowgreen"]Sorry I have been scarce around here lately... alot has been going on in my life! Anyway here is the update.

We have been working on adopting a 2 year old girl located in Huntsville since Thanksgiving. There were some technical difficulties mainly due to the wonderful support from DHR (insert sarcasm here) so we are still in limbo with that. For 18 years of marriage the doctors have been telling us that we will not be having our own children... when we got back from the holiday's she felt like she needed to take a test and guess what folks... WE ARE EXPECTING!!! I am so excited, nervous, worried, happy, and stoked beyond words. This is truly a miracle for our family. We are currently 10 weeks into this so we do not know if it is a boy or a girl yet. Anyway here is our baby's first picture (at 4 weeks):
Congratulations GroundRat! now, if dhr comes through, you could have 2!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RCAllen
you owe me!
Coors Light ok?

Anthony
Old 02-14-2011, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Coors Light ok?

Anthony

yep, that'll work!!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:10 PM
JK Freak

i demodded the jeep today :(
Old 02-14-2011, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Near Swan Creek

Old 02-14-2011, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
i demodded the jeep today :(

Why for? We aren't losing Sahara-Con, are we??

Originally Posted by Se2002
Near Swan Creek

Looks really nice. How was the trip this weekend?

I'm curious: How does a brick end up on the shore like that. I see bricks on the shore of Lake Guntersville all the time. Is it from some of the homes that got flooded when they made the lakes? Is it from people dumping trash in the lake? Is it some sort of conspiracy by the environmentalists to put walls around all of the lakes?

Anthony
Old 02-14-2011, 12:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Why for? We aren't losing Sahara-Con, are we??

Anthony
because I'm tired of getting shit gas mileage. So myself did a little wheel swap and what do you know?! They are the same size.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Sorry I have been scarce around here lately... alot has been going on in my life! Anyway here is the update.

Thats awesome man, congratulations. Hope wverything goes well for boht baby and mom.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
because I'm tired of getting shit gas mileage. So myself did a little wheel swap and what do you know?! They are the same size.

Yeah, but the retreads look much cooler. Were both of the tires in the pic in the same condition? Both of them mounted or unmounted? The retreads are probably wider, no?

Your mileage probably took a hit from the weight of that bumper/winch as well.

Unfortunately, pretty much everything we add to our Jeeps adds weight, which isn't going to help in the MPG department.

Anthony

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat