Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 02-08-2011, 09:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Se2002
We are coming from Huntsville and problably leaving this weekend (Fri.-Sat.).
Are the trails locations you mentioned mild?
Cool. Another Huntsville JK'er.

I guess it depends on what you consider mild. I don't think you would probably go to either place by yourself, unless you have recovery gear and are familiar with using it. Generally, I would advise against going wheeling anywhere without a wingman or twelve.

If your just looking for some scenic dirt roads to ride on, I would search online for any State Parks or Wildlife Management Areas around Nashville.

Anthony
Old 02-08-2011, 09:58 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm heading to Nashville with the wife, can you guys recommend any trails, nothing too extreme, something mild?
I would recommend Woolys, it is right off of I65 and pretty mild. Gary and I went there once back in 2008 but it is more designed for ATVs (trails). If youre just looking for something to get off the main roads with the wife and not really scare her too bad, then this is your best bet.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6269.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	125494   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6252.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	125495  
Old 02-08-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Junkie

Default Woolys

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
I would recommend Woolys, it is right off of I65 and pretty mild. Gary and I went there once back in 2008 but it is more designed for ATVs (trails). If youre just looking for something to get off the main roads with the wife and not really scare her too bad, then this is your best bet.
Totally agree with Steve on this park. We drove all over the place and even ended up, unbeknownst to us at the time, on some ATV trails. The really mild stuff starts across the road from the Sign-up Center/Snack Shop/Parking Area. The "tougher" stuff is on the same side of the road as the Sign-up Center/Snack Shop/Parking Area. I'm guessing, although it's been awhile, that once you exit I65, it's about a 15 minute drive to the entrance. Have fun.

Recon climbing one of the hills in the Mild Zone.

Fun trail.

On top of one of the knolls (our JKs look so young back then - now they're all grown up . . . well almost. How time flys. ).

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 02-08-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When are you planning on the ride. There are a few of us going to be at Woolys on 2-26-11.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I appreciate all of the responses, we have decided on Woolys thanks to the help offered here. I guess by "mild" I meant a trail that does not require a wing man (it's just me and the wife) and is not going to mess up my stock JKU (Islander).

jkdeuce - We are probably leaving this weekend, but please keep us in mind for your Feb. ride.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

......... I guess by "mild" I meant a trail that does not require a wing man (it's just me and the wife) and is not going to mess up my stock JKU (Islander).
No worries. One man's "mild" is another man's "tame", is another man's "No way I am trying that!".
I haven't been to Wooly's, so I wasn't sure how the trails were there. Looks like a fun place.

Anthony
Old 02-09-2011, 10:44 AM
JK Super Freak

I heard last night that theft in Madison is on the rise as well. They ring the doorbell and if you arent there, they come around to the back and break in. We've had folks break into our vehicles in our driveway even when we are home.
Im going to wait til they enter the house before I confront them with my 40mm and/or shotgun with 3.5 in turkey shells!!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
I heard last night that theft in Madison is on the rise as well. They ring the doorbell and if you arent there, they come around to the back and break in. We've had folks break into our vehicles in our driveway even when we are home.
Im going to wait til they enter the house before I confront them with my 40mm and/or shotgun with 3.5 in turkey shells!!
I'll bet that 40mm has one hell of a recoil. lol
Old 02-09-2011, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Speaking of theft, our neighborhood was bombarded with people claiming to work for ADT Security Systems. The story was, if we let them put one of their signs in our yard we would get a free system! I told the guy we already have a system and sent him on his merry way. BTW we do have a security system...
Old 02-09-2011, 11:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ASTE25
I'll bet that 40mm has one hell of a recoil. lol
If you think that has a recoil, you should shoot the 3.5" turkey loads out of a pump shotgun!!!

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat