Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 01-18-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Consumption

Interesting thread/poll --->> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...sible-Solution
Old 01-18-2011, 07:43 PM
JK Junkie

Brandon --->> http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-tsb-re...-prematurely-2
Old 01-18-2011, 08:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b-iDGzPYTc

Thanks Dennis for the video.

Anthony
It's the least I could do after watching you and Justin do all that work.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:24 PM
JK Freak

all that work paid off. BEST DAY EVER

Old 01-19-2011, 04:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
Hahaha... I need to hear this story.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by uofagrad05
Talked to Anthony this afternoon...

Anthony and Justin made the trip after lunch... it was too late for the scheduled filming so the backup JK got on the dyno... As of 4pm, the JK was still on the dyno due to dyno problems.

Did I mention that the dyno was at the Powerblock TV shop... just a teaser... I will let Anthony tell the rest.
Made the trip up to Franklin. Heep ran about as perfectly as it could have. Cruised on the interstate @ 80mph without breaking a sweat. Justin had a scan tool hooked up to it, and even at 30% throttle, the Heep was pulling hard from a stop. I cannot be much happier with the outcome of the swap. Thanks again to everyone for their help, and encouragement.

Originally Posted by racinfast002

Glad you had a good day Justin. You deserve it for crawling all over the Heep and helping with the install. It was pretty sweet to see all of the toys and tools @ Powerblock. Some awesome cars and trucks. The Xtreme 4x4 JK build is going to be a hell of a rig.
Without going into too many details (you will just have to wait and watch the episode ), there were some technical difficulties with the other Hemi Jeep's dyno runs, which pretty much put a stop to the runs for yesterday. They are supposed to try and get a fix this morning, and maybe film some more later today. There is still a slim (VERY slim) chance that the Heep may still get it's shot, but I am not holding my breath.
I am still very impressed with the fact that we actually got it up and running. Can't thank Dennis, Steve, and Justin enough for their hard work and encouragement: "Wouldn't it be funny if it blew up on the first dyno run?" ..........

Anthony
Old 01-19-2011, 06:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Made the trip up to Franklin. Heep ran about as perfectly as it could have. Cruised on the interstate @ 80mph without breaking a sweat. Justin had a scan tool hooked up to it, and even at 30% throttle, the Heep was pulling hard from a stop. I cannot be much happier with the outcome of the swap. Thanks again to everyone for their help, and encouragement.

Glad you had a good day Justin. You deserve it for crawling all over the Heep and helping with the install. It was pretty sweet to see all of the toys and tools @ Powerblock. Some awesome cars and trucks. The Xtreme 4x4 JK build is going to be a hell of a rig.
Without going into too many details (you will just have to wait and watch the episode ), there were some technical difficulties with the other Hemi Jeep's dyno runs, which pretty much put a stop to the runs for yesterday. They are supposed to try and get a fix this morning, and maybe film some more later today. There is still a slim (VERY slim) chance that the Heep may still get it's shot, but I am not holding my breath.
I am still very impressed with the fact that we actually got it up and running. Can't thank Dennis, Steve, and Justin enough for their hard work and encouragement: "Wouldn't it be funny if it blew up on the first dyno run?" ..........

Anthony
Well I'm glad your happy with it. I sure like how it turned out. The power of Anthony's Jeep is SWEEEEET. I want a Hemi in mine now.

Oh, and I picked up those fancy mud tires from anthony as well. Some come the skyline ride, yall better watch out. I'll be on REAL tires
Old 01-19-2011, 11:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Tree goes into drivers compartment

Ran across this thread, all I can say is this guy is very lucky.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...highlight=tree
Old 01-19-2011, 12:29 PM
JK Freak

Hey guys,

I'm going to go a different route for my front bumper, so I've got a brand new Rugged Ridge XHD front bumper and bumper hoop in my garage. If someone local is interested, I'll give you a really good deal on it. If there's not much interest, I'll go ahead and post it under the sale section. Just shoot me a PM.

Micah
Old 01-19-2011, 12:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by burbingus
Hey guys,

I'm going to go a different route for my front bumper, so I've got a brand new Rugged Ridge XHD front bumper and bumper hoop in my garage. If someone local is interested, I'll give you a really good deal on it. If there's not much interest, I'll go ahead and post it under the sale section. Just shoot me a PM.

Micah
Too bad it's not a Smittybuilt XRC.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat