Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 01-18-2011, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilky
LLOOONNNGGGGG overdue
Are those Flowmasters?? Sounds freaking sweat
Thanks Wes! After all of the little issues we had with the install, I was VERY relieved when it finally cranked up. Nothing too major, but several little things with the kit that make you go: WTF?

The inital start up was done with the exhaust only to the Y-Pipe. No muffler. But it is now running a Flowmaster kit all the way back, including a HushPower muffler. The muffler didn't change the sound much.

I am so friggin glad to have the Heep mobile again. Just have to iron out a linkage issue, and finish up the intake setup, and she will be all buttoned up and ready for some riding ............

Anthony
Old 01-18-2011, 05:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default congrats anthony!

yea man i know you gotta be happy with that, sounds AWESOME for sure ....are you going to be able to make it to the dyno today in franklin?
Old 01-18-2011, 06:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Great job Anthony, glad it is finally running.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by yhudson
Thanks for the compliment! I love it as well. I did have it parked out by the Monster area at SEMA (had my F250 in our booth, along with the 2dr JK). We have been working with FOX for about a year now. They have helped us develop a few applications for our kits and the JK is one of them. We mainly sell kits with our SSV shocks, but have always offered kits without shocks for those that wanted something else. FOX has been a VERY impressive company to work with. They actually spend their own dime to ensure their shocks work with kits! I don't have them on my JK, but I do on my F250 and love them.

If Anthony decides he would like our LA kit please have him PM me. I will save him a ton of $$$ for feedback on install... and yes instruction set. You of course will get the same offer.

Yates
Thanks Yates, may take you up on the offer.
BTW, I noticed the kit we have has changed in name from a 5" lift to a 4.5" lift. Has something changed like the spring height?
Old 01-18-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b-iDGzPYTc

Thanks Dennis for the video.

Anthony
Congrats man! That sounds great! I can't wait to see it! Awesome job! Post more videos when you take it out on the road!
Old 01-18-2011, 10:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
Congrats man! That sounds great! I can't wait to see it! Awesome job! Post more videos when you take it out on the road!
Dude, when are you going to be back in town?
Old 01-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Yates, is the LA kit weld-on or bolt-on? Am pretty sure I'm going with coilovers, but was going to keep my mid-length TF flexarms. If your LA kit is really nice, may have to re-think that decision.

Also, would you please consider providing more detail with respect to the ends (i.e., bushings, "johnnie joints", or a combination of both)? Thanks.
It's both a weld on and bolt on. The front brackets bolt on, while the rear are weld on (had to do it gain the clearance we needed). The joints are the same flex joints we use in the "flex joint" kit. I'll post up a kit image as soon as our marketing group releases the image.

PM me with the information you're looking for on the flex joints. I don't quite understand what you're looking for.

Thanks for considering our product!

Yates

Last edited by yhudson; 01-18-2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: PM info.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Thanks Yates, may take you up on the offer.
BTW, I noticed the kit we have has changed in name from a 5" lift to a 4.5" lift. Has something changed like the spring height?
Nothing has changed in the kit. When we went to .250 wall arms (change made early 2008) it was determined the extra weight would have the springs settle below 5". The LA kit will be classified as a 4.5" kit as well.

Yates
Old 01-18-2011, 02:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub

Thanks Dennis for the video.

Anthony
Congratulations on the successful install! That sounds absolutely awesome.

Micah
Old 01-18-2011, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default They made it....

Talked to Anthony this afternoon...

Anthony and Justin made the trip after lunch... it was too late for the scheduled filming so the backup JK got on the dyno... As of 4pm, the JK was still on the dyno due to dyno problems.

Did I mention that the dyno was at the Powerblock TV shop... just a teaser... I will let Anthony tell the rest.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat