Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 01-07-2011, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default snow storm....

and speaking of that, isnt there a thread here that actually shows the after market repair when the 4wd shifter cable breaks? i remember seeing it one time i guess i should have sub'ed to it....the jeep store fixed mine when i run henry in the deep mud back in the spring on the elk river, but im thinking i need to put a few zip ties in my jeep bag.....
Old 01-07-2011, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RCAllen
and speaking of that, isnt there a thread here that actually shows the after market repair when the 4wd shifter cable breaks? i remember seeing it one time i guess i should have sub'ed to it....the jeep store fixed mine when i run henry in the deep mud back in the spring on the elk river, but im thinking i need to put a few zip ties in my jeep bag.....
Yea, a couple of zip ties on the linkage will keep it from falling off when the clip breaks. Pretty simple way to keep from being stranded (or having to climb under your Jeep to shift the TC back into gear).

Originally Posted by dmrubicon
That was no Monkey my friend that was a miget in ape suit! My Temp is going down I am at 99.4
Tina, glad your temperature is getting back to normal. Hope you get to feeling well soon!

Anthony
Old 01-07-2011, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Yea, a couple of zip ties on the linkage will keep it from falling off when the clip breaks. Pretty simple way to keep from being stranded (or having to climb under your Jeep to shift the TC back into gear).
ok, yea so i can go do that before it breaks, good deal, ill crawl under him later and fix that so it dont....

Tina, glad your temperature is getting back to normal. Hope you get to feeling well soon!
yes good, see what a dr visit, some good meds and some rest will do.....and hurry up it's gonna snow and we can go play in it.....
Old 01-07-2011, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey defender, is there going to be a lift install party this weekend? You might want to get that lift on before the next big snowstorm hits this Sunday. Let me know when / where, and I might be able to lend a hand.

Anthony
Still need a place to have it. Working on it. If nothing can be coordinated by later tonight I guess I'll have to wait. :(

Yeah it would be nice to have the lift and 33s on for the snow!!! (fingers crossed)
Old 01-07-2011, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Defender39
Still need a place to have it. Working on it. If nothing can be coordinated by later tonight I guess I'll have to wait. :(

Yeah it would be nice to have the lift and 33s on for the snow!!! (fingers crossed)
Sorry to hear that. Nothing worse than having some new Jeep parts, sitting in a box (or sitting on a pallet), and not being able to install them.
If my driveway was at less of an angle, or my garage wasn't piled fulll of parts, I would say bring it over.

Good luck and keep us informed if you can round up a spot for the install.

Anthony
Old 01-07-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that. Nothing worse than having some new Jeep parts, sitting in a box (or sitting on a pallet), and not being able to install them.
If my driveway was at less of an angle, or my garage wasn't piled fulll of parts, I would say bring it over.

Good luck and keep us informed if you can round up a spot for the install.

Anthony
Dennis called me earlier and said he would be able to host, but I haven't heard back from him on a time. Soooo, looks like we may be good for tomorrow.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
I've got a couple things to do in the morning. How does 12:00 sound?

If anyone needs to know my address, send me a pm.
Sounds good to me. What all can I bring?
Old 01-08-2011, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
I'm good on tools, food and drink is all that's needed.
Any requests?
Old 01-08-2011, 08:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Defender39
Any requests?
Beer is good, so is pizza. As long as there is beer, I'm happy
Old 01-08-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default 50.....50

Originally Posted by racinfast002
Beer is good, so is pizza. As long as there is beer, I'm happy
When did you turn 21 Justin... no need to get the law called on you when you got the get-away Jeep on jack stands.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat