Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 01-06-2011, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
93 octane? Or did you win the Mega Millions jackpot??
yea that's exactly what i was thinking...well she has had a fever lately, maybe that's the problem here.....i still need a flashpaq....
Old 01-06-2011, 05:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RCAllen
yea that's exactly what i was thinking...well she has had a fever lately, maybe that's the problem here.....i still need a flashpaq....
you and me both sister. I might even take the jeep to the drag strip if I had a flashpaq
Old 01-06-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
you and me both sister. I might even take the jeep to the drag strip if I had a flashpaq
im surprised you havent done that already.....

Ruining 93 tune its a little more kick than stock, little better milage too it seems,i average 18 +mpg on 93 tune
yea i need to get henry re-calibrated i guess, im still at 16.7
Old 01-06-2011, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
Drag strip + Jeep = fail

I wish I would have known you were wanting a Flashpaq a couple of months ago. Sold mine to a forum member in OK.........

im surprised you havent done that already.....

yea i need to get henry re-calibrated i guess, im still at 16.7
I would have been happy with anything over 14 MPGs ......... and that was without any added weight from bumpers/armor/beer gut/armor/winch/tires/etc. But I have been known to push the skinny pedal a tad bit from time to time.

Anthony
Old 01-06-2011, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Drag strip + Jeep = fail
you just might be the exception to that soon...we should all meet out there and see who has the fastest jk around with our sick little 3.8's...naw never mind, im really gentle on henry and that would scare him to death....but id watch ya'll

I wish I would have known you were wanting a Flashpaq a couple of months ago. Sold mine to a forum member in OK.........
my life story...just a little too late......

I would have been happy with anything over 14 MPGs ......... and that was without any added weight from bumpers/armor/beer gut/armor/winch/tires/etc. But I have been known to push the skinny pedal a tad bit from time to time.
well im not sure my moneky nipple button is even close to right, i guess next time i take it to the jeep store, i need to have it calibrated, they can do that, right? or can any tire shop?
Old 01-06-2011, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

you just might be the exception to that soon...we should all meet out there and see who has the fastest jk around with our sick little 3.8's...naw never mind, im really gentle on henry and that would scare him to death....but id watch ya'll
So ......... you like to watch, eh?

well im not sure my moneky nipple button is even close to right, i guess next time i take it to the jeep store, i need to have it calibrated, they can do that, right? or can any tire shop?
@ monkey nipple button.

I think the only way to re-cal for bigger tires/gears is with an aftermarket tuner like the Flashpaq, Procal, etc..... Not sure if the stealership can/will do it or not.

Have you reset your mpg reading recently? I reset mine @ every fill-up. That way, you get a more accurate reading.

Anthony
Old 01-06-2011, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

So ......... you like to watch, eh?
oooooh yea man.....im a watcher for sure ...and ill listen too if you'll let me.....

@ monkey nipple button.
what else would describe it better? and besides you knew EXACTLY what button i was talking about

I think the only way to re-cal for bigger tires/gears is with an aftermarket tuner like the Flashpaq, Procal, etc..... Not sure if the stealership can/will do it or not.
ok, good info i guess i need to spring for a flashpaq soon, they are all about the same price for features right? quadratech superchips is probably my first choice...

Have you reset your mpg reading recently? I reset mine @ every fill-up. That way, you get a more accurate reading.
yep, re-set mine at fill-up, but im thinking he needs calibrating before i would bet on that number....

Last edited by RCAllen; 01-06-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

anyone else here local following this thread?

MBRP Diesel Jeep – 4 Door JK Truck
Old 01-06-2011, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

oooooh yea man.....im a watcher for sure ...and ill listen too if you'll let me.....
Robin, you crack me up.

what else would describe it better? and besides you knew EXACTLY what button i was talking about
The scarey part is ...... I DID know exactly what button you were talking about!

ok, good info i guess i need to spring for a flashpaq soon, they are all about the same price for features right? quadratech superchips is probably my first choice...
I bought mine from David @ Northridge 4x4. You might keep an eye on the For Sale section here. Usually one or two for sale. If you buy a used Flashpaq, just make sure the previous owner has restored their Jeep back to stock, so that the Flashpaq is unlocked from their Jeep. Otherwise, you will have to pay Superchips $$ to unlock it for you.

Anthony
Old 01-06-2011, 10:00 AM
JK Super Freak

anyone else here local following this thread?

MBRP Diesel Jeep – 4 Door JK Truck
Yes, rather interesting build.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat