Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 01-03-2011, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RockEm
Hey guys..........I'm pretty new to the forum. Live in Corinth, MS....just checking in with TN valley folks.
Welcome RockEm!

Anthony
Old 01-03-2011, 05:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey guys..........I'm pretty new to the forum. Live in Corinth, MS....just checking in with TN valley folks.
Welcome Rockem, glad to have you on the forum.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday season.

I finally got my engine / trans mounts welded in. Unfortunately, most of my time off was wasted because my welder couldn't do the work until this past Saturday. I was able to run the engine wiring harness, and mock up the exhaust and radiator setups. Just need to do a a small tweak to the steering linkage, and a "slight" firewall mod, and the engine will be resting in it's new home.

My plan is to be up and running by the end of this month. Maybe in time for the Skyline run on the 29th-30th. Maybe in time for something else coming up this month as well. We shall see ...................

Anybody do anything exciting during the holidays?

Anthony
Glad to hear youre making progress Anthony, look forward to seeing the finished product. Nothing exciting during my holidays, basically time off and getting ready to start the new year.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Gary
have you had to replace either of your backup lights in the Schrockworks bumper yet? I have one that is out and it looks like I have to remove the bumper in order to replace the bulb. UGH!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Well... it looks like I am in town for a little longer. Sorry for the late reply, the internet at the house I am staying at had issues. I dunno what day I can make for lunch now. Ughhh. If you guys are having lunch this week I will try and make it.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

well there are some girls here too........and a toad or two.....welcome to the site Rockem! driving a red 2dr jk im guessing?
Old 01-03-2011, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Gary
have you had to replace either of your backup lights in the Schrockworks bumper yet? I have one that is out and it looks like I have to remove the bumper in order to replace the bulb. UGH!
geeez you gotta be kidding steve, and your spare is hanging on it too, right?...so you gotta pull the spare and then the bumper? ....those folks must be retired nasa engineers.....
Old 01-03-2011, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday season.
yes, thanks and glad it's over now....ready for spring...

I finally got my engine / trans mounts welded in. Unfortunately, most of my time off was wasted because my welder couldn't do the work until this past Saturday. I was able to run the engine wiring harness, and mock up the exhaust and radiator setups. Just need to do a a small tweak to the steering linkage, and a "slight" firewall mod, and the engine will be resting in it's new home.

My plan is to be up and running by the end of this month. Maybe in time for the Skyline run on the 29th-30th. Maybe in time for something else coming up this month as well. We shall see ...................
sounds like a good plan, hope it falls in place for you....

IAnybody do anything exciting during the holidays?
nope, watched some decent sec football, FINALLY and drank a few cold adult beverages......
Old 01-03-2011, 09:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RCAllen
geeez you gotta be kidding steve, and your spare is hanging on it too, right?...so you gotta pull the spare and then the bumper? ....those folks must be retired nasa engineers.....
Yes, spare is on it as well. Im going to crawl back under it again and see if there is anyway to get to the light without removing the bumper but my first look wasnt promising. Wondering if I can remove the spare to reduce the weight, then loosen a few bolts to be able to get my hand up inside the bumper and access the light.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Steve,
My Lod bumper is built the same way. The back-up lights cannot be accessed without dropping (or at least unbolting and sliding back) the bumper/carrier. Pretty ridiculous designs.

Anthony

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat