Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 12-16-2010, 03:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Micah: glad to hear they got you all fixed up and back on the road.

Recon: you need to adjust those lights! Ya nearly blinded my when you got behind me getting onto 20 off of Rideout. Just kidding. Jeep is looking good!

Anthony
Sorry dude, yeah I know I need to adjust them. Already did once.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by burbingus
Well I'm back in town. Drove back from Philly yesterday where it was a tropical paradise compared to H-town. Anyhow, I picked up the Jeep from RCOR this afternoon. They said that it was a faulty pinion bearing that caused my issues. It sounds like a feasible prognosis and would explain the sudden seizing of the rear end, and then how it could still move after the incident. They got it fixed up very quickly and without fuss; good customer service so far.

I'm going to keep an ear out for any more noises to ensure that nothing else was damaged, but hopefully this'll be the last of this problem

Micah
Glad to hear they got you all fixed up. Ive never had an issue with RCOR.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Anyone taking next week off and interested in riding?
Old 12-16-2010, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

im not taking off. But do want to wheel soon
Old 12-17-2010, 03:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

So, how bad did the weather get in TN? I only heard of a few roads icing up around here. I did get to see a little white Miata do a couple of 360's after side-swiping a guardrail on 565. And that was before anything was even really frozen .........

Anthony
yea the roads werent too bad at all north either, one or two that dont get any sunshine iced over, but no surprises....
Old 12-17-2010, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Sorry dude, yeah I know I need to adjust them. Already did once.
Just messin with you. They weren't that bad. I did almost run into the Blazer in front of me trying to check out your ride ........ When I saw you, I told the gf that was 'Steve's Jeep'. She just looked at me and said "You Jeep people are weird". Then, we pulled into Publix parking lot, and a stock red TJ Rubicon drove by. She said "Is that Steve's little brother?". I cracked up. She is slowly converting into a Jeeper.

Originally Posted by RCAllen
yea the roads werent too bad at all north either, one or two that dont get any sunshine iced over, but no surprises....
That's good. I heard some folks in Kentucky got quite a bit of snowfall. Didn't know if it stuck any further south than that.

Anthony
Old 12-17-2010, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just messin with you. They weren't that bad. I did almost run into the Blazer in front of me trying to check out your ride ........ When I saw you, I told the gf that was 'Steve's Jeep'. She just looked at me and said "You Jeep people are weird". Then, we pulled into Publix parking lot, and a stock red TJ Rubicon drove by. She said "Is that Steve's little brother?". I cracked up. She is slowly converting into a Jeeper.

That's good. I heard some folks in Kentucky got quite a bit of snowfall. Didn't know if it stuck any further south than that.

Anthony
yea i think as far south as columbia, got some snow and with it being cold enough i guess it stuck...we werent that lucky....the deck leading to my front door was a sheet of ice, the dogs busted their asses going out....took it a little slower coming back in.....i dont care how cold it is today im washing my nasty ass jeep!
Old 12-17-2010, 05:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sushi
We have a pretty good group going to Hawk Pride on New Years day......
Do you have any location info on Hawk Pride? Im not familiar with it.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	daily brew.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	110130
Old 12-17-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sushi
Never knew Hawk Pride existed, looks like a great park.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat