Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 12-16-2010, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uofagrad05
I know right... It is easy for me to get one in HI but that seems to be the only place.
Yea, when we went to the Big Island 2 yrs ago, I made sure and rented a Jeep for driving around. It was a blast driving that thing all over the lava rocks and up into the mountains.

Originally Posted by Defender39
........ In other news... Who's gonna want to sponsor an install party after Christmas??
What are you looking to install?

Anthony

Last edited by sixty5vdub; 12-16-2010 at 04:15 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
I'll just leave this here

damn justin that thing is CLEAN...
Old 12-16-2010, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
So Robin, you won't come to my rescue?
sure i would.....
Old 12-16-2010, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

I'll just leave this here

Those hip waders in the background look a little tall for you....just saying.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

yup thats the only flaw on that bike. Which I already remedied with some 2 part epoxy

Originally Posted by RCAllen
sure i would.....

So, how bad did the weather get in TN? I only heard of a few roads icing up around here. I did get to see a little white Miata do a couple of 360's after side-swiping a guardrail on 565. And that was before anything was even really frozen .........

Anthony
Old 12-16-2010, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Viper Throttle Body

Has anybody read the thread in the Modified section about installing a Viper Throttle body on the 3.8L. Before you laugh, remember that the Viper ran two "small" TB instead of one really big TB. The guy that installed it said he could tell an improvement.

Any opinions?
Old 12-16-2010, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

Has anybody read the thread in the Modified section about installing a Viper Throttle body on the 3.8L. Before you laugh, remember that the Viper ran two "small" TB instead of one really big TB. The guy that installed it said he could tell an improvement.

Any opinions?
it aint going to be worth the money IMO
Old 12-16-2010, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any opinions?
it aint going to be worth the money IMO
I am skeptical as well. You are looking at a 1/2" difference between the two throttle bodies' total diameter. I don't see this making a huge difference in hp or mpg gains. Maybe, if used in combination with an aftermarket intake, some free flowing headers, and maybe some intake runner/head work.

Would it make a difference? Probably a slight one. Would it be worth the $? I would reserve my judgement on that until more real-world reviews or some kind of dyno time is put into this setup.

Disclaimer: I am not an engineer, mechanical or otherwise. All statements made in the post are based solely on the poster's opinion. No warranty is expressed, written , or implied. Besides, I have killed far too many brain cells to know much about anything, anyhow.

Anthony
Old 12-16-2010, 01:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Any update on this?

Anthony
Well I'm back in town. Drove back from Philly yesterday where it was a tropical paradise compared to H-town. Anyhow, I picked up the Jeep from RCOR this afternoon. They said that it was a faulty pinion bearing that caused my issues. It sounds like a feasible prognosis and would explain the sudden seizing of the rear end, and then how it could still move after the incident. They got it fixed up very quickly and without fuss; good customer service so far.

I'm going to keep an ear out for any more noises to ensure that nothing else was damaged, but hopefully this'll be the last of this problem

Micah
Old 12-16-2010, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Micah: glad to hear they got you all fixed up and back on the road.

Recon: you need to adjust those lights! Ya nearly blinded my when you got behind me getting onto 20 off of Rideout. Just kidding. Jeep is looking good!

Anthony

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat