Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 12-14-2010, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RCAllen
we are? really? he called me a phucking toad! i got his squirrelly event...right here...

everyone say goodbye to anthony, tina is planning a "special" "private" party for him...i wont even explain what happened to the last guy....

oh and i almost forgot, tina you may need this : Attachment 109614 ill drop it by after work.....

Sorry, but there will be no "special private" party until Robin and Tina participate in the already-mentioned Jello Pool Party.

First things first, ladies...........

Anthony
Old 12-14-2010, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Sorry, but there will be no "special private" party until Robin and Tina participate in the already-mentioned Jello Pool Party.

First things first, ladies...........

Anthony
yea well nobody wants to watch a toad in jello anyway right?
Old 12-14-2010, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

And this concludes today's lesson.

Justin, I hope you were paying attention.

Anthony
Old 12-14-2010, 08:34 PM
JK Freak

Well it looks like I'm getting over my engine issues. I dumped the 5w20 oil and replaced it with 5w30; that got rid of the constant knock I was hearing. Got rid of the Mobil 1 filter and went back to the Wix; that got rid of the start up knock. And finally took out my S&B intake and put the stock air box back in. That seemed to have gotten rid of the ping I was hearing under heavy acceleration. But my mpg has dropped by about a half mile a gallon.

Now back to your regularly scheduled banter:

Them syreens did this to Pete. They loved him up and turned him into a horny toad.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Well it looks like I'm getting over my engine issues. I dumped the 5w20 oil and replaced it with 5w30; that got rid of the constant knock I was hearing. Got rid of the Mobil 1 filter and went back to the Wix; that got rid of the start up knock. And finally took out my S&B intake and put the stock air box back in. That seemed to have gotten rid of the ping I was hearing under heavy acceleration. But my mpg has dropped by about a half mile a gallon.
i had henry serviced last thrusday and stayed with the mobile 1 i was already using, that ended the start-up knock and i have no other noises, now or yet....my monkey nimple button still says between 15.3 and 15.6 i check it about every 2 weeks....do i need to have that thing re-calibrated with the bigger tires?

Them syreens did this to Pete. They loved him up and turned him into a horny toad.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Denny: Glad to hear that the oil/filter change helped with the start up knock. I wonder why the intake change eliminated the pinging issue ......... Maybe the aftermarket intake just wasn't a good match for the 3.8L.

Originally Posted by RCAllen
i had henry serviced last thrusday and stayed with the mobile 1 i was already using, that ended the start-up knock and i have no other noises, now or yet....my monkey nimple button still says between 15.3 and 15.6 i check it about every 2 weeks....do i need to have that thing re-calibrated with the bigger tires?

I would definetely recommend getting the Flashpaq, Diablo, or Aeroforce to re-cal the Jeep, once you change tire size and / or gears. The more you go up in tire size, the bigger difference it will make vs. stock, as far as performance and mpg.

Anthony
Old 12-15-2010, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmrubicon
Good Morning to all I am sitting in bed with my footed Duckie Jammies with my laptop....is everyone like me today and working from Home?
Nope. I am one of the lucky ones that got to drive into work today. Just watching the weather, waiting for the big Ice Storm of '10 to hit ...........

Keep your eyes and ears open. If the roads get real bad, I may be asking one of you to come and get me out of a ditch. Since I won't have 4x4 capability. I am in fear of all of the goofballs that will be out on the roads, with no clue as to how to drive on ice / snow. I am also in fear that the Mapco down the street will run out of if everything ices over ..........

Anthony
Old 12-15-2010, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

oh yea stand by, even a toad can figure out how to drive in this weather.....
Old 12-15-2010, 08:04 AM
JK Freak

I'll just leave this here

Old 12-15-2010, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

So Robin, you won't come to my rescue?

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat