Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 12-11-2010, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome Rick!

Anthony
Old 12-12-2010, 06:04 AM
JK Junkie

Default Front Axle Inquiry

Looking good Taylor. Those straps will definitely make your off-roading much less hectic.

What upgrades have you make to your front axle so far (i.e., c-gussets, sleeved, track bar brackets, axles, u-joints, knuckles, trusses)? Thanks.

Originally Posted by RokinRubi
And last i added some limiting straps to keep my springs from popping out...

Old 12-12-2010, 11:22 AM
JK Junkie

Default Front Axle Mods

Thanks David - so no ball joint or u-joint stuff yet? Hmmm, alloy seals (I need to do a little research on this upgrade).

I've read that one can't use inner axle sleeving with the RCV shafts, unless they're special ordered. Not sure if that's accurate, but since you guys are planning outside sleeving, maybe there's something to it.

Originally Posted by 256offroad
so far, C gussets, Currie upper johnie joints, track bar bracket, chromos, alloy seals, arb cover, as well as bracing of the lower/upper link mounts.

once the front shafts start to let go were thinking arb locker with rcv shafts as well as sleeving/trussing the outside.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

so far, c gussets, currie upper johnie joints, poly performance tracbar bracket, chromos, alloy seals, arb cover, as well as bracing of the lower/upper link mounts.

once the front shafts start to let go were thinking arb locker with rcv shafts as well as sleeving/trussing the outside.
3 .......... 2 ...............

Originally Posted by randy payne
Hurry, go to the store get milk and bread cause its snowing
You just now look outside Randy? It's been spitting snow here all day. Nothing sticking to the ground, though ................

Anthony
Old 12-12-2010, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

In case some of you haven't seen this:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/foru...Spree-Giveaway!!

Anthony
Old 12-12-2010, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome Rick
Old 12-12-2010, 08:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah the outter diameter of rcvs doenst allow the use of inner sleeve. therefore using outter sleeves. but as of now. no signs of needing any of that.

Thanks for being my personal jk spokes person... you're doing great
Old 12-13-2010, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I hope everyone survived the Great Blizzard of '10. I was wishing for a foot of snow, but no such luck ...........

Welding got postponed this weekend, hopefully I can get it done soon. Need to get the Heep up and running before the end of the year.

Originally Posted by uofagrad05
The more I look at these moab pics, the more I want to go... I just dont think an un-locked, un-armored, and 33ed Jeep would do that well.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-stock-rubicon

Anthony

Last edited by sixty5vdub; 12-13-2010 at 04:44 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rick Ash

Well, maybe I can make it ten (10) ! Been a member of the forum for a while but have not been faithful about checking in,,,

Actually have a farm across the line going up Old RR Bed RD. And a larger farm in Lexington, KY. My wife raises championship bloodline quarter horses for cutting.
I have been in the IT Integration business since I left UDS ( Universal Data Systems ) back in 1986, when Mark started Adtran.

So, me and my trusty 2008 DeepSea Blue Wrangler (4 dr ) spend most days runnimg up to Nashville and back ( or Memphis, or Chattanooga, or Knoxville ) where my larger clients are.

The only mods I have performed have been the lockpick and VR kit from CoastalTech on the MyGIG RER. Getting ready to burn the latest upgrade for the Nav system AND, trying to crack the code on the NAVTEQ CD which arrived this week. I want Navteq to stay in business but $199 for the most recent activation code? Hope not.

I'll wave at the next one of you I see!
Yep welcome from another southern tennessee jk'er!...my damn mygig system seems to have mind of it's own sometimes....
Old 12-13-2010, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
I hope everyone survived the Great Blizzard of '10. I was wishing for a foot of snow, but no such luck ...........
we would have had a big snow yesterday if the wind hadnt been blowing at 40+, it snowed a good bit all day but was so dry and windy it didnt stick.....

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Welding got postponed this weekend, hopefully I can get it done soon. Need to get the Heep up and running before the end of the year.
yea i got a bad wall outlet replaced and hopefully a drippy faucet fixed, not much else accomplished.....this weather is great of inside jobs.....hope you got a heater in your garage anthony....

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-stock-rubicon

Anthony[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat