Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 12-08-2010, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racinfast002
That would be me alright. I did get to go to hooter. I take it you were the Mango Tango Jeep that was parked next to Donny's rubicon. I only have 4 wheels as I bought them used off a member on here. I haven't had a chance (read money) to get a 5th one and 35's. I was planning on doing that real soon, but it will have to wait. I have a bunch of broken fox bodies, but they should be fixed here shortly. Then its off to the races on the Jeep to get it ready for Moab in the summer.
I like Hooters........both kinds.....Funny thing my ex wife and oldest daughter both worked at Hooters at the same time..... Mrs. Busam & Miss. Busam on their name tags....Busam pronounced Bosom....at 6'6" 269Lbs. I guess it's safe to say I'm the bigest Busam any of you guys have seen?............hehehehehe
Old 12-08-2010, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

Well the rear axle siezed up on the way home tonight. I bet the gear exploded. Guess I'll see tomorrow. D'oh!

Micah
Old 12-08-2010, 04:37 PM
JK Junkie

Default Re-gearing Issue

Originally Posted by burbingus
Well the rear axle seized up on the way home tonight. I bet the gear exploded. Guess I'll see tomorrow. D'oh!

Micah

Oh boy - that doesn't sound good. Sorry to hear this.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by randy payne
..........I have the kiddy pool for the jello match
So, we have the pool. Now, I will be taking up donations for the Jello.

Well the rear axle siezed up on the way home tonight. I bet the gear exploded. Guess I'll see tomorrow. D'oh!

Micah
Sorry to hear about your axle problems. Hope it gets worked out for you without too much pain. Nothing worse than having new mods to the Jeep and not being able to enjoy them ..........

Originally Posted by Wilky
Dude...u sound semi calm about it. Wow, I would be freaking out. Kudos to you. Hope it works out.
........ I'm just sayin.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:32 AM
JK Freak

Micah
so what does RCO say about this?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:45 AM
JK Freak

Well I'm at RCOR right now, and they immediately took it in to diagnose. Dan was really apologetic, and will take care of the damage. He even offered to take care of the towing bill which was covered by my insurance.

It looks like a faulty pinion bearing, but they have to finish taking it apart to fully diagnose. He offered to overnight the parts and get it back to me by tomorrow, but I'll be out of town until next week. I'll let you guys know how it turns out when I get it back next week.

So far good customer service though...

Micah
Old 12-09-2010, 07:05 AM
JK Freak

Well I'm at RCOR right now, and they immediately took it in to diagnose. Dan was really apologetic, and will take care of the damage. He even offered to take care of the towing bill which was covered by my insurance.

It looks like a faulty pinion bearing, but they have to finish taking it apart to fully diagnose. He offered to overnight the parts and get it back to me by tomorrow, but I'll be out of town until next week. I'll let you guys know how it turns out when I get it back next week.

So far good customer service though...

Micah
wow that sucks, but sounds like they are taking care of you. Things happen.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Glad to hear they are fixing it without any drama. Hopefully nothing else got destroyed in the process.

Anthony
Old 12-09-2010, 10:56 AM
JK Freak

I saw one of my many twins today at luch. It had some sort of window flags and armor on the sides. I wish I could have seen it up close
Old 12-09-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
I saw one of my many twins today at luch. It had some sort of window flags and armor on the sides. I wish I could have seen it up close
There is a Red Rock Unlimited that I see a lot in Madison. I think he/she works in the Wyle building, as I have seen it in the parking lot there on several occasions.

Anthony

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat