Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 11-25-2008, 12:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

When I get rid of my stock tires (only 5k on them), would any of you be interested in them for another vehicle....or know of someone who might be? Please let me know! Thanks!

Tires are 225/75/16 and are in great shape. Also will be parting with stock rims.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:49 PM
JK Junkie

Default Woolys Off Road

Anyone else interested in joining Red and I this Saturday at Woolys? I think it's just $10 a vehicle, and only an hour or so away depending on what part of N. AL you live in. You'll even be able to see if my wheels/tires are the real thing or Photoshop magic.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I may try the Woolys ride. If the weather is to nice I am going to ride my Harley.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
What was total if you don't mind me asking (figured shipping would be more than $50)? Please send PM if you'd rather not post. Thanks.
80 for the rails and 50 for shipping.....just got them in the mail today and damn they are heavy..i'll be installing them tomorrow.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tboginski
MOST 07'S X's came with 35's
I was not aware of any JK's with D35's. I cant find any thing for 07, but my 08 brochure shows the D44 as standard in the rear on all.

EDIT>>>> ok I found this on project-jk.com:

"DANA 35
Dana 35 rear axles have a 7.56″ diameter ring gear and only showed up on a few 2007 Sahara and X model Jeep JK Wrangler 2-Doors before being replaced by Dana 44’s. "

Last edited by bama JK; 11-25-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Woods Evap Kit

I did the Woods Evap Relocation Kit tonight. Took about 2.5 hrs.
couple notes on this one:
- After step 2 you need to disconnect the electrical sensor wire hookup to the evap. instructions dont mention it.
- Make sure you read the instructions all the way through prior to starting. I even got under the vehicle and walked through them so I understood what i was getting into.
- Step 17. Make sure you have ground off the spurs of the 1" bit if you do it this way. And dont drill out the soundproof material at "high" speed or it will still cut the metal tub underneath. I know as it happened to me.
- also, measure twice and drill once on step 15.

Am more than willing to help you guys install this kit since Ive been through it. It was intimidating but once I cut the first hose, there was no turning back.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:11 PM
JK Super Freak

rubi, what kind of rails did you put on your Jeep?

Saw Denny's JK today with his new Rubi rails like mine. He got a deal on them considering it is a 4dr. I know my 2dr rails are over $700.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red08JK
I did the Woods Evap Relocation Kit tonight. Took about 2.5 hrs.
couple notes on this one:
- After step 2 you need to disconnect the electrical sensor wire hookup to the evap. instructions dont mention it.
- Make sure you read the instructions all the way through prior to starting. I even got under the vehicle and walked through them so I understood what i was getting into.
- Step 17. Make sure you have ground off the spurs of the 1" bit if you do it this way. And dont drill out the soundproof material at "high" speed or it will still cut the metal tub underneath. I know as it happened to me.
- also, measure twice and drill once on step 15.

Am more than willing to help you guys install this kit since Ive been through it. It was intimidating but once I cut the first hose, there was no turning back.
No pics?
Old 11-25-2008, 05:16 PM
JK Junkie

rubi, what kind of rails did you put on your Jeep?
All the sordid details are right ---> here (even my dumb question about stick nuts).

Saw Denny's JK today with his new Rubi rails like mine. He got a deal on them considering it is a 4dr. I know my 2dr rails are over $700.
He did get a screaming deal - guy he purchased them from is a part of the medical industrial complex, and apparently wasn't overly concerned as to the final selling price. Several hundred dollars is probably in the noise level for that guy, but means a lot to us normal folks.

There's a rumor that Denny is going to throw a big party to celebrate his Enhanced Rubi Rails acquisition, and they'll be all-you-can-eat chocolate chip cookies for everyone there (I've heard he's partial to C3s especially when he's doing Jeep work).
Old 11-25-2008, 05:22 PM
JK Junkie

Default Woolys Ride

Originally Posted by MDodson
I may try the Woolys ride. If the weather is to nice I am going to ride my Harley.
Hopefully weather won't be too bad - there's a chance of rain. I may run straight up Hwy 53 to Ardmore - we could plan to meet up at the TN welcome station, which is 2-3 miles past the state line.

Of course I'm open to meeting somewhere closer to Huntsville-Madison if that won't work for you guys.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat