Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-29-2010, 08:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried the forum app for the iphone but wasn't crazy about it. I still like the mobile setting for the internet browser better.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default App Problems?

I guess everyone is trying the mobile app and having problems... this is the slowest I've seen this thread in awhile.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Finally sold the crusher flares to aguy in washington. Now I can get my crushed tailgate fixed on my F250. ARGH!
Old 11-01-2010, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween.

Recon: What happened to the tailgate on your truck??

Anthony
Old 11-01-2010, 05:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween.

Recon: What happened to the tailgate on your truck??

Anthony
Welllll. long story short, at hunt camp with tailgate down and backed into a stump. The bummer is the F250 has a backup camera near the handle. $1,100 snafu.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
...yeah you could say that I'm pretty good at waterskiing. I walked on to the UA ski team back in 06. Been waterskiing my whole life. Dad skied for Alabama back when he was in school there. Me and him have a nice 21' ski boat, which I unfortantly didn't get to use very much this year.
well yea i guess so! geeez....wait, you and him have a boat? and you havent broken it yet?...must be one tough boat...just kidding justin....
Old 11-01-2010, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think I heard somewhere that only the Saharas are coming with the color-matched hard tops. Although it probably is an option for the X and Rubi. What's next? Color matched soft tops?

P.S. It's almost beer thirty!

Anthony
well ive pretty much decided not to do anything, and if henry breaks, just do what you are doing and put him back right, im not sure where\who would do that though. Dan mentioned it at RCO but im not sure...more to come on that, hopefully that wont happen....

"almost" beer thirty, posted at 328 on a friday afternoon...ya'll are late starter's huh?
Old 11-01-2010, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RCAllen
well ive pretty much decided not to do anything, and if henry breaks, just do what you are doing and put him back right, im not sure where\who would do that though. Dan mentioned it at RCO but im not sure...more to come on that, hopefully that wont happen....

"almost" beer thirty, posted at 328 on a friday afternoon...ya'll are late starter's huh?
I know of 3 or 4 shops that are doing the JK Hemi conversion (none of them local). The price tag for a turnkey swap was nearly double what I have into my DIY setup so far. That is what prompted me to go the DIY route. Although ............. if I had a shop do it, it would be back on the road by now.

Yea, had some stuff to finish up Friday afternoon. So I was at work until the insane hour of 4:00p.m..

Anthony
Old 11-01-2010, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know of 3 or 4 shops that are doing the JK Hemi conversion (none of them local). The price tag for a turnkey swap was nearly double what I have into my DIY setup so far. That is what prompted me to go the DIY route. Although ............. if I had a shop do it, it would be back on the road by now.

Yea, had some stuff to finish up Friday afternoon. So I was at work until the insane hour of 4:00p.m..

Anthony
yea i think i remember dan saying a 18k price, but im not positive about that one...on the other hand, when you look at the prices they're asking for done ones, and IF they bring the kinda coin, your not at a loss....ill cross that bridge when i come to it....

hey wilky...hummer ......sorry man, had to.....
Old 11-01-2010, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RCAllen
yea i think i remember dan saying a 18k price, but im not positive about that one...on the other hand, when you look at the prices they're asking for done ones, and IF they bring the kinda coin, your not at a loss....ill cross that bridge when i come to it....

hey wilky...hummer ......sorry man, had to.....
$18k would be a good deal, for a full up-all new parts swap. For a base 5.7L swap, I have seen prices over $23k ......

As far as making money back ......... I have seen fully built JK's with a Hemi, 4" lift, bumpers, all the extras, being sold for $45-$50k. When you consider the price of the JK, plus all of the extras, then you are still losing money in the long run.

Hopefully it will all be worth it ............. Otherwise, there may be a Hemified Jeep up for sale locally.

PS. Where everybody at?? This thread hasn't ever been this quiet. Everyone still hung over from the weekend???

Anthony

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat