Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 11-24-2008, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
They're fairly simple to install from what I've read - just need to make sure your floor jack can go high enough to lift the body off the frame.
what floor jack? guess i need one of those before i buy the lift.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:46 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tboginski
it's 7:49 p.m. and i'm still at work and super bored....so i pulled the build sheet on my jeep...this whole time i thought i had a Dana 35 rear axel but it turns out I have a Dana 44 HD awesome!!
Yet another blessing to reflect on this Thursday.

By the way, what made you think Dana 35? Does the D44 only come with tow packages and Rubi's?
Old 11-24-2008, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

it's 7:49 p.m. and i'm still at work and super bored....so i pulled the build sheet on my jeep...this whole time i thought i had a Dana 35 rear axel but it turns out I have a Dana 44 HD awesome!!

By the way, what made you think Dana 35? Does the D44 only come with tow packages and Rubi's?
The D35 has not been the standard since the TJ....I think. All JK's have 44's.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Let us know when you want to tackle this Dewayne. I've got some extra vacation, and could take off a few hours to help. We need that kit on before you go to Mountainside.

On a different note, you guys considered buying a simple CB for these rides? On my Tellico trip, having one was extremely convenient. In fact, before I met up with the GA guys, I was talking to them over the CB. Helped a bunch because I thought they were ahead of me on the road to the Trailhead, but turned out they were about a mile behind - was able to slow down a tad through the twists and turns on the road to the trail. Plus they're very helpful keeping track of everyone while on the trail, not to mention the good natured banter that livens up the ride.
is there anything you HAVENT bought for that jeep of yours Gary?
Old 11-25-2008, 04:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Red08JK
Is there anything you HAVEN'T bought for that jeep of yours Gary?
Diff covers, Bikini-windjammer-duster combo, additional skid plates, new muffler, body lift, Hi-jack, jack base, etc. , but I'm working on it.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:27 AM
JK Freak

WHAT BRAND LIFT ARE YOU GETTING? I LOVE MY RC....BUT AFTER MY BUMPER AND WICH COME IN I'LL BE ADDING A 1" BODY LIFT.
I'm getting the 2" superlift with a new set of shocks.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

Let us know when you want to tackle this Dewayne. I've got some extra vacation, and could take off a few hours to help. We need that kit on before you go to Mountainside.

On a different note, you guys considered buying a simple CB for these rides? On my Tellico trip, having one was extremely convenient. In fact, before I met up with the GA guys, I was talking to them over the CB. Helped a bunch because I thought they were ahead of me on the road to the Trailhead, but turned out they were about a mile behind - was able to slow down a tad through the twists and turns on the road to the trail. Plus they're very helpful keeping track of everyone while on the trail, not to mention the good natured banter that livens up the ride.
I'll definitely let you know...should be next week, so will be pushing it!
Old 11-25-2008, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jk-rubi
any of you local guys interested in picking up some 2dr rubi rails?
If so, make me an offer:

same ones on my rubi in this pic:
damn...i was looking for these forever and finally bought a pair last friday...i paid 50 bucks for shipping..damn!
Old 11-25-2008, 07:58 AM
JK Freak

MOST 07'S X's came with 35's
Old 11-25-2008, 12:13 PM
JK Junkie

damn...i was looking for these forever and finally bought a pair last friday...i paid 50 bucks for shipping..damn!
What was total if you don't mind me asking (figured shipping would be more than $50)? Please send PM if you'd rather not post. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat