Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-29-2010, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racinfast002
and I saw a couple of sweet 2 doors the last couple of days. I saw a silver one on the interstate, black wheels, and black writing on the door (was to far away to read what it said). And today coming through the gate there was a white one, wheels, small lift, and mismatched spare. Anyone we know?
yea ive seen the white one on base too, no clue....there sure seems to be a lot of them around lately though.....
Old 10-29-2010, 06:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RCAllen
i have no doubt if you own one of these, you'd break it......i grew up in miami lots and lots of these things there, and 100mph on water, is scary!
My good friend has a supercharged 24' Fountain that will run over 90. Its not scary, as these boats are meant to run that fast. Feels about like 35-40 in a regular runabout. I forget what kind of big block chevy his is, but its on about 6-8 lbs of boost. Its stupid fun.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
My good friend has a supercharged 24' Fountain that will run over 90. Its not scary, as these boats are meant to run that fast. Feels about like 35-40 in a regular runabout. I forget what kind of big block chevy his is, but its on about 6-8 lbs of boost. Its stupid fun.
i learned to water ski behind a 18' advantage with a 454 in it, damn thing would plane off in less than the length of the hull....stupid fast...stupid fun is exactly right....scares me now just thinking about it...but by the grace of god am i still here....
Old 10-29-2010, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Welcome back Jason (and Emily). Glad to see you came back to the Jeep side. Do you still have your Challenger or did you trade it in on the Mango machine? And as for that anniversary, I had to go all the way back to page 38 to find these:
Hey Denny ,
We still have the Challenger, it's got a Kenne Bell Supercharger on it now, putting down 550hp at the wheels

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Yipee - Welcome back Jason and Emily!!
Aahhhh yes, the Special 5th Anniversary Mud Pit Celebration Ride
Thanks man, what was a great day!!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey guys, I would like to invite everyone to a show benefiting Toys for Tots I am putting on at Bridge Street Town Center Nov 7th 11-5. Not that this group has any "Mall Crawlers" but if you can come support Toys for Tots and hang out and have some fun it would be great!! We have some great door prizes like a 99pc. tool set, $20 gift cards from Plamor Lanes and much more.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wilky
Welcome back Bama...how about a ride in that Challenger??
Hey man, come down to the show and I'll see what I can do
Old 10-29-2010, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by uofagrad05
We could only hope for that... I did a quick search for other vehicles with this motor that are still in production. Not finding any... so maybe after a few 1000 people gets their engines replaced Jeep will run out and have to replace with the Pentastar motor... Of course this is all a big pipe dream.
well maybe it is a pipe dream after all, i just read this on the web:
"At the latest, the current V6 engines (dating back to around 1990) will be phased out in 2013, except for the 3.8 and 4.0 V6, which should finished by 2014."

im not considering a new one YET ive seen an 11 with the matching top and didnt like it at all, looked way too much like a hummer
Old 10-29-2010, 09:18 AM
JK Freak

i learned to water ski behind a 18' advantage with a 454 in it, damn thing would plane off in less than the length of the hull....stupid fast...stupid fun is exactly right....scares me now just thinking about it...but by the grace of god am i still here....
...yeah you could say that I'm pretty good at waterskiing. I walked on to the UA ski team back in 06. Been waterskiing my whole life. Dad skied for Alabama back when he was in school there. Me and him have a nice 21' ski boat, which I unfortantly didn't get to use very much this year.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

well maybe it is a pipe dream after all, i just read this on the web:
"At the latest, the current V6 engines (dating back to around 1990) will be phased out in 2013, except for the 3.8 and 4.0 V6, which should finished by 2014."

im not considering a new one YET ive seen an 11 with the matching top and didnt like it at all, looked way too much like a hummer

Originally Posted by Wilky
huh...huh......you said hummer.....

I think I heard somewhere that only the Saharas are coming with the color-matched hard tops. Although it probably is an option for the X and Rubi. What's next? Color matched soft tops?

P.S. It's almost beer thirty!

Anthony
Old 10-29-2010, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yep! Heading that way.

Anthony
Sent from my Blackberry using the jeyboard and my thumbs

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat